Logs quirk?

Started by Wxboy, May 15, 2012, 10:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wxboy

When I scroll through the daily logs many times I hit the scroll button(up or down arrow) and nothing happens.  Then I'll hit the button again and it will skip over a record.  It's been happening for a long time now and I wasn't going to ask but tonight when scrolling through it was happening more than normal.  One time I hit the scroll button 4 or 5 times before getting it to show a new record and it skipped all of the records in between.  If I scroll back the records are there.  So it's registering the button pushing but it doesn't always change the record.  Make sense?  Anyone else seeing this?

To re-iterate, I can scroll through and see 10:00, 09:55, 09:50, 09:40.  At 09:50 I will hit the button and nothing happens.  Even if I wait 10 seconds or more nothing happens.  Then I hit the button again and it will go to 09:40.  If I back up it will show 09:45.  These times are made up, it doesn't matter what time of day I'm looking at. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

niel

not really sure of your problem by description, but maybe try clearing your cache and history on your pc will help.

Wxboy

This is an issue on the Classic, not on the PC.  When scrolling through the daily log readings they are stored in 5 minute intervals.  I should be able to see each interval in sequential order but it continually skips readings.  Hit arrow once go to 08:00, hit arrow again see 08:05, hit arrow again, still see 08:05, hit arrow one more time, see 08:15 instead of 08:10.
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

boB

Wxboy...   I think I know what you are talking about.

But I had seen this more with the little index number more than the time stamp skipping.

If you go back and then up again, can you see the values  that were skipped before ??

It has to be a problem with the timing in the MNGP and the button pushes.   I had to temporarily
stop working on that but it didn't seem as bad as what you are describing.  I will re-visit this
problem soon and fix it.

If you looks at the graph version, you will notice that it does not skip any of the values, except
for the very most recent one on the far right of the display.

Thanks !
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

niel

sorry for my misinterpreting what you meant.

boB

Quote from: niel on May 16, 2012, 01:21:51 AM
sorry for my misinterpreting what you meant.

That's OK Niel !   What you are talking about will be coming up soon with the local app !

Also, being able to pull that same logging data out of the USB port here some time soon (I hope).

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

I have seen this to. The Logs are changing for every button push but the day or time is not immediately changing. If I stop for a second it seems to get corrected. Hopefully boB can dig into it in a little bit he is knee deep (Or should I say neck deep) into programming Parallel communications for the Classic now.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Wxboy

Thanks all for responding.  As long as mine isn't the only one doing it I won't worry about it.  boB, if I go past the record and then back it is there.  Last night was the only time I ever saw it skip multiple records.  Usually for every 5-10 records I scroll through it will skip a record.  That's just an estimate since I've never tried to determine if there is a pattern to the skipping.  If it gets corrected down the road with an update that's great but I know you must have other updates planned that are more urgent so this is not that big a deal.  And also I did notice that when scrolling through the graphs that it doesn't skip any records. 

Thanks again!

boB

Quote from: Wxboy on May 16, 2012, 06:45:41 AM
Thanks all for responding.  As long as mine isn't the only one doing it I won't worry about it.  boB, if I go past the record and then back it is there.  Last night was the only time I ever saw it skip multiple records.  Usually for every 5-10 records I scroll through it will skip a record.  That's just an estimate since I've never tried to determine if there is a pattern to the skipping.  If it gets corrected down the road with an update that's great but I know you must have other updates planned that are more urgent so this is not that big a deal.  And also I did notice that when scrolling through the graphs that it doesn't skip any records. 

Thanks again!

The logging information retrieval for graphing is done in a different way than individual retrieval of data
from the Classic.  Both are done through modbus but the graphing data is done with
a file transfer method rather than a simpler one at a time method, which evidently, for logging
data, has a bit of a hitch in its gitalong as they say.   OK, a glitch in its gitalong.

For now, when retrieving single text logging data, make sure you go by the date and time and not
the index number.   Think of the index number mainly to know how far back from "now" you are
on the recent history (hourly)  logging data.

Thanks !

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me