Fine tuning settings

Started by LilMT, February 08, 2022, 03:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilMT

I have an off Grid system consisting of:

MNEMS4448PAECL250

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter, WizBang Jr

This last weekend I was able to the MyMidnite remote monitoring working (Yahoo)

And of course I started noticing some things and it made me think that perhaps I need to fine tune my parameters some.

What I noticed was that my generator had run early this morning, charged the batteries, then the sun comes out and now my Classic 250 is Bulk charging.  Maybe this is nothing to worry about but I figured there must be settings that allow me to fine tune the system the get the best life out of my batteries.

One of the challenges I have run into is that Renogy isn't very forthcoming with technical information.

When I asked for the charge specs this is what I got:

High Voltage Disconnect   18   V   72
Equlaization Voltage         0   V   0
Boost Voltage                  14.2   V   56.8
Float Voltage                   13.8   V   55.2
Boost Return Voltage       13.2   V   52.8
Low Voltage Reconnect     12.8   V   51.2
Under Voltage Warning     12   V   48
Low Voltage Disconnect     11   V   44
Over Discharge Delay Time   5   s   20
Equalization Duration          0      0
Equalization Interval           0      0
Boost Duration                   2   H   8

I have also attached the provided spec sheet "GEL200-Datasheet.pdf"

I have set the basic parameters - 48V system - 400 AH  - disable equalization - Set Float and Absorb points and that is about it.

Things I need to set (I think)
Temp compensation for charging?
Temp compensation and battery efficiency compensation for monitoring?
Can I set the Classic to not exceed 60 amp charging?
Can I set Voltage limits even on Bulk?  Do I need to?
Anyway to set the Classic to bulk/absorb only until the batteries no longer need it and then will go to float?  Do I need to do this?
Should I set the AH meter to reset at float cuz now it is at 297 AH on a full charge?  I assume this has to do with the temperature compensation?
I am sure there are probably 20 other items I should set as well.

This has been a somewhat learn as I go situation with a lot of help from the forum(Thank you all).

SO, the big questions:  Anybody have any ideas? :)  I would hire a local tech but there aren't any in the area that will come out to my place.  I feel technical enough to adjust as needed.  Or, do you know if the folks at Midnite can walk me through the setting?  I am more than will to open a ticket and pay for a couple of hours of tech support if that is what is needed?

Thanks in advance,
LilMT

Additional Information:
I have attached a snip of the email Renogy sent in regards to the charge specs.  The above information was me taking the information they sent - put it in excel and multipled all numbers by 4.  Not certain if I should have done that with the "Boost Duration" or not??
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.