Local App keeps saying 12v on a 48v system. Set dips and correct CL

Started by sunbelt57, April 30, 2022, 09:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunbelt57

I have a Classic 150 Lite - Outback VFX3648 - (2) EG4 Lifepower4 batteries - and I entered the correct serial number, set the dip switches and I can change the name of the classic from 'Classic 1' to 'Dan1' but it keeps coming up with 12v in the basic->config section.

ClassicCrazy

I don't know much about the Classic Lite's.
Did you reboot the Classic after you changed those dip switches ?
Did you try using the local app to change it from 12v to 48v ?
If that doesn't work maybe you can  setting it to Custom and then use the Local app to change it from 12v to 48 v ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

sunbelt57

Yes to the first 2 questions. I rebooted it (using bully reboot) and exited the program and started it again. I'll sleep on it and try again in the morning.

sunbelt57

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I had the input breaker from the PV panels off and it kept saying input voltage is lower than output.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: sunbelt57 on April 30, 2022, 10:49:51 PM
I don't know if this makes a difference, but I had the input breaker from the PV panels off and it kept saying input voltage is lower than output.
That would tell the Classic to go to resting .
I wouldn't think that would make any difference to the battery voltage.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

sunbelt57

Could it be that this Classic has been sitting in the box for 10 years and the firmware's out of date?

boB

You might want to call tech support at MidNite ?

The Classic, even older, should remember its settings.

I see the Local App is being used ?   That should allow you to program that battery voltage.

I can't remember how the automatic battery voltage sense works with a Classic Lite exactly 🌜🌛

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

sunbelt57

OK, I'll call 'em tomorrow. I was able to successfully do an update. There's also a couple more values that won't take. I also noticed the six lights under the MNGP panel started blinking on/off in 1 second intervals. I don't remember it doing that before. I turned on the PV panels and it seems to be working ok. I'll let it run overnight and then see if it charges the batteries back up.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: sunbelt57 on May 01, 2022, 11:44:16 AM
OK, I'll call 'em tomorrow. I was able to successfully do an update. There's also a couple more values that won't take. I also noticed the six lights under the MNGP panel started blinking on/off in 1 second intervals. I don't remember it doing that before. I turned on the PV panels and it seems to be working ok. I'll let it run overnight and then see if it charges the batteries back up.
I remember reading in past that there was some issue for Classic Lite displays and they were replaced . You might ask about that when you contact support to see if yours is one of the old ones.
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Wizbandit

If you updated your firmware then the LITE LED display is now busted.  You will need an RMA to send it in for repair.  Unplug it, power cycle the Classic with it out then you will be able to set the battery voltage from the Local App.

James
Technical Support Engineer

sunbelt57

Which one is the LITE LED? Is it a show stopper? Can I do without it?

boB

Quote from: sunbelt57 on May 01, 2022, 10:27:25 PM
Which one is the LITE LED? Is it a show stopper? Can I do without it?

Nope.  No Lite LED per se'

With the Local App you don't need anything else to control the Classic.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

LilMT

Just a couple of suggestions:
I am familiar with this type of DIP switch and they can be a touch finicky.  I might suggest that you completely power down the system.  If I remember right - Solar first and that bat supply.  Toggle the DIP switches a couple of times being sure to set them to 48V 3 - ON, 4 - OFF, then power back up in reverse order.

Another thing to check and I know if sounds silly but....  Make sure that the wiring from the classic to the batteries are connected correctly for 48V charging.  Basically double check that the series/parallel Bat circuits are such that the classic is charging to 48V

Just a couple of ideas - good luck.
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

FNG

I recall this bug, I think it is something in the cache in the pc, You may want to call tech support and have them help you delete all the local app files in windows and delete them. Memory tells me the Local App gauges recall there range from a file on the pc not the current settings of the classic

boB

Yes...

The directory for Windows is here

C:\Users\YOURCOMPUTERNAME\AppData\Roaming\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\Local Store

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me