Classic 150 doesn't get to absorption

Started by raydias, June 03, 2012, 06:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raydias

I have a strange situation with my Midnite classic 150. Here is what I have:

6 x 195 watt panels in series VOC of 22.8 ISC of 11.55A connected to the Classic 150
2 x 195 watt panels in series VOC of 22.8 ISC of 11.55A connected to a Morningstar MPPT 60

714 amp hour 12 volt battery bank
Midnite 12 breaker combiner with 150v breakers (split into 2 separate solar arrays for the second charge controller

With the Morningstar disconnected and with no load on the batteries, the Classic 150 does not get to the Absorption point of 14.6v it stops at 13.7 which is the float level. On the screen I see 50A+ going into the battery bank. To add more confusion to the mix I re-flashed the Classic to the latest firmware both the controller and remote after which the classic will get to Absorption. Also lately when trying to connect to the classic via the local status panel I get an error saying it's not available. If I try a few more times it works. Connecting to the Morningstar via it's web interface works all the time so far.

Could there be an issue with the Classic or firmware? I have an 80 amp fuse between the classic and the battery bank as well.

Any ideas other than flash the firmware again