AF / GF sub board D2 light rapid red flash

Started by sanicki, December 16, 2022, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanicki

I have just installed the af /gf board ony Hawkes Bay 120 and enabled. The D2 light is supposed to be green with flash, my board d2 light is red rapid flashing what does that mean?

boB

Turns out that those green LEDs were stuffed with red LEDs instead.

Either that, or if they are bi-colored, stuffed backwards ?

Sorry about that.  Something will be done about it but not sure if it will be documentation change or what ?

Either way, when you see the flashing, it means that the ground fault is checking for faults and running normally.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

sanicki

Bob, is it supposed to be a rapid flash as the manual for the other positions has descriptions of solid, slow etc. For the D2 there is no description except it should display green which I would have assumed a solid display seeing it is a functional indicator and in most other instance flashing and rates of flash typically provide trouble shooting information.

boB

Quote from: sanicki on December 20, 2022, 09:22:11 AM
Bob, is it supposed to be a rapid flash as the manual for the other positions has descriptions of solid, slow etc. For the D2 there is no description except it should display green which I would have assumed a solid display seeing it is a functional indicator and in most other instance flashing and rates of flash typically provide trouble shooting information.

I will find out what the flashing rate should be for D2  (whatever color it is) for showing that the ground fault is just "operating" and looking for faults.    The manual should show any flashing or solid indications unambiguously.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

sanicki

Bob I have also just found that after enabling the gf and af sensor after cycling power it loses the enable function in the mppt set up and it goes back to disabled.

boB

Quote from: sanicki on December 20, 2022, 02:07:31 PM
Bob I have also just found that after enabling the gf and af sensor after cycling power it loses the enable function in the mppt set up and it goes back to disabled.

Thank you

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me