News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Forum looks good

Started by LilMT, January 06, 2023, 10:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilMT

I like the new look of the forum.

Whomever did it.... Nice job, tell the boss you need a raise.  :)
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

qrper

Quote from: LilMT on January 06, 2023, 10:06:25 AMI like the new look of the forum.

Whomever did it.... Nice job, tell the boss you need a raise.  :)

Appears a lot 'brighter' than the old forum.

But I missed the 'new posts since you've been gone' thingiee.
It was nice to see new posts since my last visit.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

LilMT

I think they just got renamed:
Capture.JPG
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

boB

Can we add a "like" to a post ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

LilMT

I don't see any way to do it yet but I would "like" that.  :)
Thanks,
LilMT

LilMT

I did some quick research and apparently there is a mod that can be added to the server that would allow users to like posts but, it doesn't look like it is in the base software.  It would be a cool mod.

Dear forum admin, please consider this a request to add the mod if you can.  :)
Thanks,
LilMT

Vic

Yes, the new look is great for this Forum which has been very helpful to many of us,  for many years.

Thanks to Ryan (and all others) who have toiled to keep the Forum running for a long time  --  it is a terrific resource!

Thanks MidNite,  for HTTPS-ing this site,  and investing in the new look!

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

So, what exactly makes this newer forum better  ?

I think I "may" be finding out on the fly, slowly

Looks "brighter" to me.  Maybe it looks more like sunshine should be ?

Didn't the old forum allow you to highlight text and change it's font's properties ?

Nevermind
...  Just fount it !  HaHA !
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

LilMT

For me it is a couple of things little in themselves but overall big to me.

The color scheme is brighter
The overall look is more modern
The topic icons I believe are larger and how they change to show a new topic or updated topic is more readable to me.
The search also seems faster.
One thing I did notice was that the email notifications for updated topics does not seem to be working.  I have current threads and have not received any notifications about when one has been replied to.

My 2 cents, but I like it.  :)
Thanks,
LilMT

LilMT

So, email notifications did start rolling in.  I think this may have been a setting on my side that I didn't set.

Went into my profile and adjust settings.

Maybe in the migration they got cleared but all is working now.

And a big thanks on the "like button"  Sweet.  :)
Thanks,
LilMT

Highflyer

I like the software is patched against the know vulnerabilities.  And it looks cool.

Https is also very nice as I travel a lot.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

FNG

Our IT guy Evan is maintaining the forum now, He added the like button yesterday and fixed a data base error. Looking good for sure.

UpNorthMan

I like the new forum also. It seems easier to read with the new format!
If I could also make a request. I follow this site daily and read all new posts. I also follow couple other forums also and they have what I described below. What would be great is to have a logged in person forward to the new comment.
Example: If I read post #42 yesterday and today someone replied. When I click on the link, I go directly to post #43. Not manually click to page 4, then scroll to the bottom of the page. It's much nicer when using a cell phone.
Ed
1000W panels Kid CC 230ah battery bank @48v
Weekend cabin, 250w inverter.
Waiting for the new inverter to be released so I can finish my install!

boB

Quote from: UpNorthMan on January 11, 2023, 10:18:26 AMI like the new forum also. It seems easier to read with the new format!
If I could also make a request. I follow this site daily and read all new posts. I also follow couple other forums also and they have what I described below. What would be great is to have a logged in person forward to the new comment.
Example: If I read post #42 yesterday and today someone replied. When I click on the link, I go directly to post #43. Not manually click to page 4, then scroll to the bottom of the page. It's much nicer when using a cell phone.
Ed

You were able to have the preference of going to the most recent post first instead of original post and page first.   I wonder if that might satisfy your request ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

LilMT

Quote from: boB on January 11, 2023, 03:32:15 PM
Quote from: UpNorthMan on January 11, 2023, 10:18:26 AMI like the new forum also. It seems easier to read with the new format!
Ed

You were able to have the preference of going to the most recent post first instead of original post and page first.   I wonder if that might satisfy your request ?

boB

To accomplish this, go to your account settings, look and layout, and place a check in the box for "Show most recent posts at the top in topic view".  Then at the bottom be sure to click on "change profile"

Once you leave and return to the forum the order of posts will be in reverse chronological order.  Newest post first.

Thanks Bob I didn't know that one.
Thanks,
LilMT