News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Not really charging

Started by Frenergy, February 12, 2023, 09:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frenergy

I don't understand what my C200 is doing.  Being Jan / Feb and not much sun I figure the 6 ea 12V @ 110A AGM batteries I have should require charging for more then an hour or so.  It seems the voltage gets up quickly and the system goes to absorb. The result is the battery bank seems to discharge quicker then it should. It is possible I have a setting off.  The charge source is 3 X 400W solar panels.

Here is my Node Red page that monitors the C200. Today I got <1 hr bulk MPPT.

C200 view.gif

ClassicCrazy

I am guessing you don't have a Whizbang on your system ?
Tht would be able to give a lot more valuable information and also allow you to set ending amps.
Is there much of a load on your system ?
There are some suggestions from past discussions on systems that are unattended with small loads to use Skip days .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Frenergy

Thanks Larry
No WB (yet).  Light load since the no-sun days of Jan / Feb can't really support everything  (inverter is even off, which is what prompted me to ask here, I want it back on). I do have an AC charger that the computer will switch to before bank VDC drops below 11.5. 

ClassicCrazy

How far are your pv from batteries ?
Wondering if that is why you have such a high pv voltage charging 12v.
I understand low light months. Only solution is to put up lots of PV.
How old are your AGM batteries ?
That is a lot of batteries to have in parallel and can cause some batteries to fail early if the wiring is not very well balanced. Have you checked them individually ?
You may want to separate them sometime and do load test.
Maybe that has something to do with your issues because bad AGM act weird.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable