News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie testing in Ohio

Started by qrper, March 02, 2023, 11:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

Quote from: boB on April 19, 2023, 12:18:53 PMThank you very much Mike !

Every little bit of information helps. 

We knew about the kWh problem.  Might be as simple as the MNGP2 not displaying all of the digits.

boB

I talked to Jim the other day in tech support, and he said it was a problem with how kWh's were being calculated. I didn't know at the time we talked that the counter would reset at 10.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

qrper

As I said, a work in progress. All the extra space to the right of Rosie will be for the old Trace SW5548 and its switch gear. I haven't figure out how I'm going to go from split phase from Rosie to the single phase of the old Trace. The Trace is going to be backup. I do have an equally old T240 transformer I could add to get split phase, but I'll loose capacity since the transformer is only rated at 3.3kW.

Mike
IMG_0480.jpg
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

boB

Mike, do you have the Trace on the same wall as the Rosie etc ?

Would love to see a picture of both in the same pic  if they are in the same area.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

Bob,

That's EXACTLY what I'm planning on doing. That's why there is a large amount of space to the right of Rosie.
Right now, I'm poking around all my buddies and friends to find someone with enough grunt to lift the Trace off the wall, carry it upstairs to the new location and finally bolt it down to the wall.

Mike

FNG

Quote from: qrper on April 19, 2023, 01:11:22 PMAs I said, a work in progress. All the extra space to the right of Rosie will be for the old Trace SW5548 and its switch gear. I haven't figure out how I'm going to go from split phase from Rosie to the single phase of the old Trace. The Trace is going to be backup. I do have an equally old T240 transformer I could add to get split phase, but I'll loose capacity since the transformer is only rated at 3.3kW.

Mike
IMG_0480.jpg
Mike, The T240 only has to make on leg so that 3.3kw is on that leg, the other leg can also be loaded to whatever you want so its not really a loss in capacity if the legs are loaded about equal

qrper

Okay, thanks! It's been so long since I dabbled with the T240 I've forgotten more about it than I remember. My plan is to use a large transfer switch to select either the Rosie or the Trace. The only issues I can think of is tapping into my large battery bank.
Thinking of perhaps putting one of the rack server lithium batteries since the Trace will be backup to Rosie. A set of golf cart batteries @ $180 will give me 100 amp hours of useable capacity out of 220Ah of battery. For that money, I can a 100Ah server battery for about a few bucks more.

Mike

qrper

It took a while, but humidity levels are going up. I run a dehumidifier in the radio room, and it draws about 800 W. Add on the rest of the house and Rosie sees a constant 1kWh (give or take) load almost daily.

I say that, 'cause a friend up the road has two Outback Radian (8k) inverter that sound like they're trying to take off. The fans are thunderous! His loads are not much greater than mine.

And Rosie? She just'a smiling, no fans at all, sitting there with a kW load all day long.

When my wife is cooking (frozen dinners in the microwave) and Rosie is producing 3kW, after a few minutes the fans come on low speed. Microwave goes off, fans soon shut down.

Mike

boB

Quote from: qrper on June 21, 2023, 10:31:56 AM.... I run a dehumidifier in the radio room, and it draws about 800 W. Add on the rest of the house and Rosie sees a constant 1kWh (give or take) load almost daily.

...sitting there with a kW load all day long.

Mike

So, about 1 kW  per day, not 1kW-Hour.

Sometimes I have to do a double take.

Glad to hear about the fans !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

Quote from: boB on June 21, 2023, 12:48:57 PM
Quote from: qrper on June 21, 2023, 10:31:56 AM.... I run a dehumidifier in the radio room, and it draws about 800 W. Add on the rest of the house and Rosie sees a constant 1kWh (give or take) load almost daily.

...sitting there with a kW load all day long.

Mike

So, about 1 kW  per day, not 1kW-Hour.

Sometimes I have to do a double take.

Glad to hear about the fans !

boB

This getting old suck...

Rosie is doing about 16 kWhs per day. I just checked, and the current draw is 980 watts. Been doing that for hours now.

Mike

qrper

I've noticed this for the past several days. I have a whizbang on the classic, and there is one in Rosie.
When i have the Rosie whizbang set for battery, I get this:

IMG_0580.jpg

What is the "CAL" for? Calibration?

Rosie configuration/external sensors/
Whizbang  set for battery.

Mike

dapdan

On the note of the whiz, my Rosie e-panel came with one and I elected to wire it to the Rosie instead of the Classic. Does it matter which you connect it to. Altho it is showing net amp in and out it is not calculating the SOC.

I am loving that splash of red in the e-panel. I am wondering why mine dont have it >: (

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: qrper on July 06, 2023, 03:06:07 PMI've noticed this for the past several days. I have a whizbang on the classic, and there is one in Rosie.
When i have the Rosie whizbang set for battery, I get this:

IMG_0580.jpg

What is the "CAL" for? Calibration?

Rosie configuration/external sensors/
Whizbang  set for battery.

Mike
My Hawkes Bay MNGP shows the SOC % number where yours is showing the CAL.
So maybe only the controllers can do the SOC %  calculation and CAL is calling for the soc calculation that it doesn't have ?
Or maybe just firmware glitch ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

The  CAL  should come up while the Rosie has just been turned on and before it goes to Float from Absorb.

As soon as it goes to Float, that should CAL  it to 100% SOC....

The first charger in the system to go to Float should tell the other chargers to go to Float.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

Quote from: boB on July 06, 2023, 05:49:48 PMThe  CAL  should come up while the Rosie has just been turned on and before it goes to Float from Absorb.

As soon as it goes to Float, that should CAL  it to 100% SOC....

The first charger in the system to go to Float should tell the other chargers to go to Float.

boB

boB, I'm still a bit in the dark. Since I'm not using the Rosie for charging, the classic and solar are charging the batteries, and not the Rosie.

And the classic has a whizbang in it's negative lead, there is no communications from it (the classic) to the Rosie.

does that make sense?

Mike

FNG

So NO wbjr connected to the Rosie at all? In this case with a Rosie and a Classic you probably want the Classic doing SOC as boB mentioned the device has to go to float on occasion to trigger a calibration so if Rosies charger is not in use then you will always see CAL unless the classic is pushing battery voltage higher than the Rosies voltage for longer than Rosies absorb time. So for example:

Classic Absorb is 58.0 set Rosie to 57.5
Classic Absorb time is 2:00 set Rosie to 1:30

This way Rosie will still transition to float internally