News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Barcelona BETA Testing in Montana

Started by Weldman, March 19, 2023, 10:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: LilMT on June 05, 2023, 09:00:12 AMI have seen this happen with a few posts.  Usually with some of the older ones.  I just assumed that the new forum didn't get all of the old files brought over.

Regarding the ones you specifically mention.  Post 42 and 41 they seem to be working for me in MS Edge and in Chrome.

What are you using for a browser? (or maybe they got it fixed)

Quote from: Raster on June 05, 2023, 02:10:31 AMHello Vic:

This is the #41 (May 18th) I was referring to: https://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=3587.30. I can see those jpegs about the fine dashboards, and Wizbandit was the poster. The images are very valuable for getting good ideas on how to build things.I plan to use Node-Red (data collection), InfluxDB, and Grafana (RPi)to monitor everything live. Hope the CommBox will be the bridge or provide the web interface (dashboards) directly, or at least the data formats.

I called tech support a while back and reported the jpeg and BB manual issues. She verified the problems, but haven't had any reply or followup, so just repeated everything here.

It turns out that our forum server was 99.999%  full and I.T. had to remove a bunch of stuff.

ALL of the older posts are backed up.   I am hoping that these backups can be re-instated at some time.

Anyway, it was either clean out some space or the server was going to go away immediately.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Hi boB,  thanks for the explanation.

It seems that, often, we post unnecessarily huge images,  probably because, that is the way that they come from our devices.  Sometimes, they are so large,  that it is difficult to even scroll around to get an idea of what is being shown.

There are image sizers,  but, depending on the device that has stored the image that they come from,  it can be a bit difficult to resize them.

This is a great Forum, which has been very useful, to me.  Thanks MidNite and to those, like you, boB who tend it.

73, Thanks,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

Thanks and you're welcome Vic !

The usage was NOT ALL forum though.  There were a lot of other space using "stuff" on the FTP  server and stuff.

I hope the older things can be merged back at some point.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Raster

Hello BoB:

Yes, the forum is very useful. Helps deciding on just about everything and following betas. That explains a few things.

Anyway, any info on the Barcelona BB manual? I will need it pretty soon. I have the backplates and Load Center test mounted on strut in my new building.

R.

boB

Quote from: Raster on June 06, 2023, 01:33:33 AMHello BoB:

Yes, the forum is very useful. Helps deciding on just about everything and following betas. That explains a few things.

Anyway, any info on the Barcelona BB manual? I will need it pretty soon. I have the backplates and Load Center test mounted on strut in my new building.

R.

Try this...

https://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/MNBCLNA-BB_Manual-24FEB2023.pdf

Was the manual not shipped with the BB ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Weldman

Back on track for my thread...
You asked for it you got it. I turned that welding machine to the max and hammered on it, I'm going to need a welder that pulls more. Don't worry I got another welding machine just for that  ;)  For "phase 1" enjoy the video.

Highflyer

I agree, you need a bigger welder, but your results look just like mine.  Rosie for the win.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Weldman

Quote from: Highflyer on June 06, 2023, 08:27:05 PMI agree, you need a bigger welder, but your results look just like mine.  Rosie for the win.
Don't worry I got something that will toss it in for a hissy fit. Just knowing I can run that at max settings no problems is nice, I don't ever run it that high ever hardly. Inverter welders and such electronics make life out here easier.

Vic

Quote from: boB on June 06, 2023, 01:40:29 PM
Quote from: Raster on June 06, 2023, 01:33:33 AMHello BoB:

R.

Try this...

https://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/MNBCLNA-BB_Manual-24FEB2023.pdf

Was the manual not shipped with the BB ?

Hi  boB,

Thanks for the Link to the BARCBB Manual,  looks great!    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Raster

boB:

Yes, the manual was with the Barcelona. The Barcelona and Rosie both have inputs for the Whizbang. Do they both need one? I have the Barcelona and battery pack to start with, then will hook up the panels, and add the Rosie when that all works. How long is the purple wire?

Thanks, R.

qrper

Quote from: Highflyer on June 06, 2023, 08:27:05 PMI agree, you need a bigger welder, but your results look just like mine.  Rosie for the win.

Did you ever do the long run Tesla charging with Rosie?

System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Highflyer

I have a neighbor with a Tesla, I met them the day before the big storm.  Now that things are going back to normal, The testing is on the way.

Stand by for more updates
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Weldman

Temperatures are dropping down to -35°F, right now it's -15°F and tad bit sluggish on display the Barcelona and Rosie in the elements are still working. Winds are pushing around 30 mph, feels like -47°F with windchill down to -60°F

Weldman

Welp I have pushed Barcelona to her breaking point, she should come back when temperatures increase or I take a panel offline I hope. At -35°F it was barely manageable to read the display, but she was resting when sunlight is out. Popped cover off and said 690VDC on initial contact a few times when testing, but idled down to 560VDC after a second. So I guess the unit is in self preservation mode?
Don't see how it got so high when the VOC is 49.7VDC per panel, there is only 11 panels in series and there is 300' of cable for it to send down 10AWG sized wire.

Weldman

Got system back online after taking two panels off, reset the unit including the inverter Rosie and now Rosie is not communicating and is not seen on the Barcelona. I can't find a answer anywhere, good thing I don't rely on solar system for heat. I hooked up a old Aims inverter and got power, at least I don't need a update or program to run it.