New Off Grid Inverter Charger

Started by nigel, June 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

With all the mystery and world changing potential, just call it Fawkes.

Or not.

I thought I mentioned that Ego mower way back? Saw that connection from day one. It is normal for folks to ignore me so no offence! :o 8)

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Maybe we should go back to the roots and call it the "Inverter"
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Robin

Tom, sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you. The lawn mower happened to pop up on a TV at the restaurant yesterday while we were having our engineering lunch. It was eerie, we were talking about the model number and up comes the lawn mower?
Robin Gudgel

onanparts

ego Electric lawnmowers, ego electric Motorcycles etc. and......the eGo-T Vaping thingy. :o
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

mike90045

I'll go out on a limb and guess at 7 boards.   
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Resthome

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

bailey

Another name suggestion:  Dyno Inverter

60's muscle car vibe to match the retro styling

Smaller configuration could be Dyno Jr, etc.

Kirk Bailey
Abundant Solar LLC

Robin

Dyno was a company in Seattle that built the Brutus inverter many years ago. Today the OutBack, SMA, Magnum and Schneider are all knock offs of Milt Rice's Brutus.
Before inverters, I worked at Eldec with Milt. We designed military aircraft power supplies. I left and went to Trace to design inverters. Milt left for Dyno to do the same. Dyno never figured out how to reduce idle power though. Milt came to work with us at Trace until he died in an ultralight airplane accident. Milt would have changed the inverter industry even further had he lived. He always thought out of the box. I still miss him.
Robin Gudgel

TomW

Robin;

Let me point out some history to be aware of should you go with "Ego" as a name.

In 1978 Apple Records sued Apple computer for copyright infringement back when Apple started building computers.

Pretty sure it cost everyone to find out that record and computer companies are not going to be confused.

They are about as diverse products as mowers and inverters.

Maybe no big deal but those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Just saying..

From the lunatic fringe.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Robin

I do not want to be associated with a lawn mower, so we will have to change the name.
Game on!
Robin Gudgel

TomW

Quote from: Robin on April 11, 2016, 12:22:48 PM
I do not want to be associated with a lawn mower, so we will have to change the name.
Game on!

I hear that!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

This thing is SO cool and SO revolutionary it seems like we should make up a word for its name. It deserves a new word :)

Robin

m#4lrtQ2ter

OK, now you guys give it a try. We need to give this thing a new name.

The person who names it, gets to see it!
Robin Gudgel

russ_drinkwater

"Solar Storm"

And 22 boards in the unit!
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters