New Off Grid Inverter Charger

Started by nigel, June 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Robin on July 25, 2016, 01:48:19 PM
Please don't jump the gun. We still have plenty of work to do before these are ready for prime time.

Prime time ? Most of us stay up late for a Midnite Special !

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Highflyer

Robin,

Are you guys still on track to show off the B-17 AT SPI in September? 
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Halfcrazy

Yes, It should be the center of the booth
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

nonsquid

Has any consideration been given by Midnite to Don Lancaster's "Magic Sinewaves" for a low cost approach to modified sine wave inverters to minimize harmonic ringing?

http://www.tinaja.com/glib/msintro1.pdf

This might be the paradigm low cost approach to building a reliable inverter without all the complexity of pure sine electronics.

BobWhite

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 01, 2016, 10:32:34 AM
Yes, It should be the center of the booth

Hopefully we will see some post as Im sure alot of us that are interested wont be able to make it!

Quote from: Highflyer on July 31, 2016, 10:20:30 PM
Robin,

Are you guys still on track to show off the B-17 AT SPI in September? 

Brian, are you you up for the task of keeping informed?  :-\ or maybe VT  ???

Walt
12-Lifeline AGM 8D's
10-Lifeline AGM GPL 31T
16- Diehard GC2
4-Classic 3-150 and 1-200
1-Classic Lite
2-BRATS
5wiz bang Jrs, , 2- Samlex-24Volt
5- 235 MX60s
10- Sharp 198
10 Solar world 345 XL Mono

Robin

We just sent off 9 crates of stuff to Las Vegas for the SPI show. In the past we have never taken more than 3 crates! I have included parts of our display here for your amusement. If you zoom up on the nose art you will see the name Leslie on the pocket of the lady. Leslie is really our graphic designer's daughter who did the voice for the talking Classic. Yes it is starting to talk. If you let her talk and say everything she knows, it goes for 8 full minutes. We will also be able to add Spanish and French. We will not have beta units ready by Nov. We just got boards stuffed a week ago and have been working hard to make 12 B17's for the show. They appear to be finished units although there is still more work to do. As far as how many solar panels can you hook up to the B17.......I think it will max out at about 16,000 watts of PV. No, that is not a typo.
I do not know who Don Lancaster is? I do know that we spent a lot of time at Trace Engineering and OutBack trying to make a cheap modified sinewave inverter do something clever to approximate sine waves. All attempts were failures. I will look at the link provided.

I just added two more pictures. One is the prototype of our 500 watt turbine. The other is Tommy busily building B17's for SPI. We had chaos for the past week or so in building #4 building these show units. Sorry the image is so low res, but there are lots of B17 parts in that picture.
Robin Gudgel

BobWhite

Thank you Robin, that is helpful information😅
Walt
12-Lifeline AGM 8D's
10-Lifeline AGM GPL 31T
16- Diehard GC2
4-Classic 3-150 and 1-200
1-Classic Lite
2-BRATS
5wiz bang Jrs, , 2- Samlex-24Volt
5- 235 MX60s
10- Sharp 198
10 Solar world 345 XL Mono

CDN-VT

Quote from: Robin on September 01, 2016, 12:45:16 AM

I just added two more pictures. One is the prototype of our 500 watt turbine. The other is Tommy busily building B17's for SPI.
I have met that young man , nice gent who showed me the wire stripping auto machine .
I have converted the PDF's into jpeg for the few .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Eleceng1979

Any chance of a data sheet of the inverter?  After the show of course... I have watched/waited for this product for over a year.  I registered just to post this...

If your inverter does half of what i think it does, it will be a game changer...  I have delayed my battery installation to wait for this product.

You guys rock, keep pushing the envelope and god speed for the NV show.
12.96 kW PV = 48 x Canadian Solar CS6K-270M - 2 x SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US - Ironridge Ground Mount
Record Day = 81.847 kWhr

B17 and 2x1700AH batteries on my Christmas list for santa

TomW

Quote from: Eleceng1979 on September 05, 2016, 09:54:11 PM
I have watched/waited for this product for over a year.  I registered just to post this...

If your inverter does half of what i think it does, it will be a game changer...  I have delayed my battery installation to wait for this product.

I am "kind of" in the loop on this and they are playing this close to the vest as they say. Probably to hold off the Chinese Knock offs until they actually get them  out the door?  :o

From what little I am privy to, it will be like the difference between an old rotary dial  phone and an Iphone. Mostly the same in name and basic function  only.

I am putting together a balance of system to use with one when they ship, as well. Problem with that is  it may be "most of" a system itself and balance of system might be just panels and batteries. Charge controller module was mentioned in this thread and monitoring so it may well be a situation where you just add a source and storage?

I really don't know much but I have a pretty active imagination! Patience is a virtue I lack [among others]

I even heard it unpacks and installs itself!

Joking

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

We will do a quick iPhone video of the actual inverters Monday with Robin and get him to give us the speal. i will then through it on You tube.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Highflyer

Wait,
I am working next week, but I am trying to get to LAS if possible.  I too can't wait to see the B-17 in action, and have waited to add solar to the cabin until the B-17 is ready. 

The anticipation is killing me!
16,000 watts, HOLY Snikies that's a lot of power!  I'm going to need a lot more panels.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Eleceng1979

All,

I appreciate the words and updates.  Yes I am patient and will remain so without begging...

I am hoping for ac coupling as I am already gti and the previous 20+ pages alluded to that.  The 16kw rating was a shocker and an awesome bonus as I need slightly north of that and 2 of these would be awesome redundancy.   Now all I have to do is go find a money tree in full bloom... and a flatbed semi of batteries.

Right on about holding cards close to the chest.  I don't blame you...in this industry I assume it is very cut throat.  All I want is a 30k ft view of what it does.  Your details need to remain hidden for good reason.  When one gauges the life cycle and features of the classic and other products, we all can fill in the gaps of what level of quality and operation will be added/included during its lifecycle.
12.96 kW PV = 48 x Canadian Solar CS6K-270M - 2 x SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US - Ironridge Ground Mount
Record Day = 81.847 kWhr

B17 and 2x1700AH batteries on my Christmas list for santa

Robin

You do not need 16KW worth of panels. 8 fits nicely too. When we have the 600V version, the output will probably be limited to 200 amps output.
AC coupling is in the works too. The B17 should AC couple to most all GT inverters, but we do have something special up our sleeve for this too. Can you spell micro inverter?
Prepare to be amazed Monday when Ryan posts. I will be amazed to see it all together in one place. I just hope we get everything set up, because that is the only day we will have to get 4500 pounds of stuff uncrated and set up. We sent 12 B17's to LAs Vegas. With 8 patents applied for, it may just make our competitors nervous.
Robin Gudgel

CDN-VT

Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels