New Off Grid Inverter Charger

Started by nigel, June 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powerplay

QuoteOf course I tell the dentist to keep the lead shield off during teeth exams ,, CUZ I AM  MAN & can take it !!!

I don't let them X-ray my head ever since I was a little baby Physicist.  They say it is less than exposure from a sunny day (according to the X-ray machine salesman).  I say, nobody gets to irradiate me for profit.  My IQ is already down 10-15 pts from my neighbors mindlessly spraying Agent Orange (by another trade name) on their grass 5-6 times a year.  Can't afford to loose any more.   ;D
41 degrees N, 255 Ah 48V AGM, MagnaSine 4448 Inv, 3500W PV, Midnite Classic 150 A (12/6/15), Midnite Classic 150 B (4/14/16), WBjr, BTS, MNPV6 X 2, SPD X 2, Apps: Mini Split AC, Car Charger, Water pumps, Lighting, -> 48V string plan 500W, 94.5VmP, 112.5VoC, -15C - 40C TCVoC -.3%, TCIsC +.04%

Powerplay

My quote
QuoteIs a JOKE .

Yes, I think most will get what you're saying.  I serious, however, about not letting them X-ray me.
41 degrees N, 255 Ah 48V AGM, MagnaSine 4448 Inv, 3500W PV, Midnite Classic 150 A (12/6/15), Midnite Classic 150 B (4/14/16), WBjr, BTS, MNPV6 X 2, SPD X 2, Apps: Mini Split AC, Car Charger, Water pumps, Lighting, -> 48V string plan 500W, 94.5VmP, 112.5VoC, -15C - 40C TCVoC -.3%, TCIsC +.04%

CDN-VT

Quote from: Powerplay on November 13, 2016, 02:33:07 PM
My quote
QuoteIs a JOKE .

Yes, I think most will get what you're saying.  I serious, however, about not letting them X-ray me.

Thanks .
They stuffed in Mercury into my teeth years ago plus ,we KNOW SQUAT .

The lack of real info since the media is no longer free to report is the problem .
I see it in Canada & the CBC that I PAY FOR is stifled due to the BS.
Was Cancer a word or a death in the 1800's? as it is today .
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

laszlo

To get back to the new inverters topic:

MN product dev, can we please get the MN GT inverters to honor the convention set up by Magnum PAE inverters? The Magnum PAE (battery based)  inverters raise the grid frequency when the batteries are full, giving the signal to other GT inverters on the grid to stop producing power.  Please refer to http://pdf.wholesalesolar.com/inverter%20pdf%20folder/MagnumACcoupling.pdf for additional info. So the idea would be to get the proposed MN  GT inverters to honor this.
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Powerplay

QuotePlease refer to for additional info. So the idea would be to get the proposed MN  GT inverters to honor this.

Just some BG info.  Are your MS4448PAE stacked on the same battery?  Does MagnaSine require stacked inverters to be on the same bank or just recommend?  Is their protocol capable of combining different inverters on different banks?  Just thinking around not wanting to get locked into a given bettery (or maybe inverter) tech.  So far it looks a little restrictive to me.

laszlo

As clarification,  I am talking about what is called "a/c coupling". The new inverters by Midnite should honor all existing in-band  signaling protocols for a/c coupling.  I would like confirmation from Midnite that this will be the case in the new inverter products but have not seen posts from boB or other engineers recently -- is everything OK?

A slightly different concept, stacking of inverters can be accomplished by a/c coupling (in-band) or out-of-band. Magnum for example uses an out-of-band protocol for stacking  implemented by means of  a product  they call "router"  than can stack up to 4 PAE inverters. The Magnum router( "RTR" ) uses ethernet cables to network the stacked inverters together.
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Powerplay

dgd

While on topic what is the radiation, if any, leaked by the new inverter, has this been tested?
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

niel

any inverter will have a tad of rf leakage, but even the worst of them couldn't pose a threat in 5000 years.

bailey

I also hope for low RFI, but the motivation for me is that I'm a ham.  I still remember the original PVPowered inverters that wiped out the AM broadcast band for a couple of blocks in all directions :)

Cheers,

Kirk Bailey
Abundant Solar, LLC

TomW

Quote from: bailey on November 19, 2016, 02:54:15 AM
I still remember the original PVPowered inverters that wiped out the AM broadcast band for a couple of blocks in all directions :)

You say that like it is a Bad Thing [tm]  :o
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

onanparts

Quote from: bailey on November 19, 2016, 02:54:15 AM
I also hope for low RFI, but the motivation for me is that I'm a ham.  I still remember the original PVPowered inverters that wiped out the AM broadcast band for a couple of blocks in all directions :)

Cheers,

Kirk Bailey
Abundant Solar, LLC

There are many engineers at MS that are Hams. At least 3+ are involved with the new Inverters. I'll refer to boB as the lead Engineer since he is paid the least...:) His favorite mode is CW...while mobile! Since active hams are actively designing them the RFI/EMI should be very low. If not they all get busted down to Novice!
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

dgd

Quote from: onanparts on November 20, 2016, 12:50:15 AM
There are many engineers at MS that are Hams. At least 3+ are involved with the new Inverters. 
I didn't think there were too many Hams left. Something about younger generations being more interested in Xbox etc.
Have not worked with any Hams but have worked with plenty of Turkeys  ???
ZL1UZC
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

TomW

Quote from: dgd on November 20, 2016, 03:47:58 AM
I didn't think there were too many Hams left. Something about younger generations being more interested in Xbox etc.
ZL1UZC

One of the many HAMs on here is HalfCrazy (Ryan).

I am as well and neither of us are exactly "kids". Ryan may well be the youngest HAM I know personally. :o

Tom

KD0YTD
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Quote from: dgd on November 20, 2016, 03:47:58 AM
Quote from: onanparts on November 20, 2016, 12:50:15 AM
There are many engineers at MS that are Hams. At least 3+ are involved with the new Inverters. 
ZL1UZC

Actually 2 weekends ago I got to sing the general ticket for a 7 year old, that was pretty cool!!

Also MidNite has its own amateur radio club now and most all of the engineers are now licensed. As has been pointed out RFI/EMI has and will always be one of our big concerns and we will do all we can do to make them as quite as possible
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time