News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

AC Grid-Tie w/Rosie

Started by aaapilot, April 20, 2023, 05:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

I understand the Rosie is capable of AC grid-tie, has anybody tried this operation ... beta testers?  I looked thru the Menu-Map and did not see any setting specific to this function nor any reference in the manual. The Magnum PAE has an AC Coupled support mode that enables frequency shifting when the incoming solar power exceeds load/battery needs. How does the Rosie handle this?
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

Wizbandit

Quote from: aapilot2 on April 20, 2023, 05:39:19 PMI understand the Rosie is capable of AC grid-tie, has anybody tried this operation ... beta testers?  I looked thru the Menu-Map and did not see any setting specific to this function nor any reference in the manual. The Magnum PAE has an AC Coupled support mode that enables frequency shifting when the incoming solar power exceeds load/battery needs. How does the Rosie handle this?

Right now GRID-SUPPORT aka GRID-ZERO is working somewhat on battery voltage or SOC%. Gets a little wonky if SOC is not correct. Basically Rosie runs in parallel with the grid and keeps incoming wattage at or near 0 watts.

AC Coupling with FSPC is coming (I need to setup another HV array, I moved all mine to the Barcelona & Hawkes bay :) to test it). AC SELL Mode with Anti-Islanding is not ready yet.

Hopefully I will be testing 2-Rosie Stacking in a few weeks for 14KW of power at 120/240V.

aaapilot

Thanks WizBandit for the reply!  Seems to be lots of capability built into the Rosie that you don't find in the literature.
I see you mentioned 'Grid Sell', is this planned for the Rosie in future updates or already in the system, but not tested?  I'm building a system at our 'new built' home and would prefer to tie the Rosie to a Hawk's Bay controller and sell back power when the grid is up versus needing another piece of equipment (grid-tied inverter) in the system and need to AC grid tie when utility power is down.  My previous homestead had 3 grid-tied inverter systems that could be AC grid-tied to the Magnum PAE when utility power was out, but needed several manual switches and relays to ensure everything played nice together. Ok for me to manipulate, but I'm retired now and I need to build a system that my wife can operate when I'm not up to it .... i.e. automatic :)
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\