Classic 250 switches rapidly from Bulk to Absorb

Started by erikven, May 21, 2023, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikven

My Classic 250 switches rapidly from Bulk to Absorb and back about every 3-4 seconds. My battery voltage is at 24.3 V my float voltage setting is 27.2 the absorb is 28.6 which are the recommended voltage settings for a the two inline 12 V marine batteries I have. (EverStart 29DC) It does this even when sunlight conditions are consistent.
Can you please advise what's wrong, what can I do? Thank you.

Vic

Quote from: erikven on May 21, 2023, 04:26:11 PMMy Classic 250 switches rapidly from Bulk to Absorb and back about every 3-4 seconds. My battery voltage is at 24.3 V my float voltage setting is 27.2 the absorb is 28.6 which are the recommended voltage settings for a the two inline 12 V marine batteries I have. (EverStart 29DC) It does this even when sunlight conditions are consistent.
Can you please advise what's wrong, what can I do? Thank you.

Hi erikven, welcome to the Forum.

Just to get started, what is the Input voltage to the Classic,  when in Absorb, and Bulk?
What is the source of the input to the Classic,  assume it is solar.

Why not trying to reboot the Classic?  Turn off the input breaker first,  then the battery breaker for the Classic,  wait thirty seconds or so,  then turn on the battery breaker,  then the input breaker fot the Classic.

Try measuring the voltage of each battery,  and their cable connection for tightness,  check the electrolyte level of each battery cell, carefully.  All OK?

Wonder about a loose connections, in general  ...

Later, Good Luck,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

Does the battery voltage on the MNGP screen show it coming up near to 28.6 volts when it is doing this ?

Do you have a load that turns on and off a lot ?  That might cause it.

How much current does the MNGP say is going into the battery, about ?

The best way to show this is to record a few seconds of video of the MNGP screen.
You might try that at a low resolution so that it isn't such a big file ?

Or just describe the voltage and current change.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me