Status of web access to Hawke's Bay

Started by bryhan67, June 20, 2023, 03:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryhan67

Quote from: FNG on June 24, 2023, 04:41:01 AMAnyone that is interested in the combox that is local access please email me ryan@midnitesolar.com We are building a batch in a few weeks and will for sure want to get our crew here hooked up

I have sent a few emails on this/ Looks like its still un read. Maybe in your spam flolder. I would love to try a combox for the HB

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: bryhan67 on July 03, 2023, 03:22:12 PM
Quote from: FNG on June 24, 2023, 04:41:01 AMAnyone that is interested in the combox that is local access please email me ryan@midnitesolar.com We are building a batch in a few weeks and will for sure want to get our crew here hooked up

I have sent a few emails on this/ Looks like its still un read. Maybe in your spam flolder. I would love to try a combox for the HB
I think they said they will be getting the pcbs for the combox soon , don't think they have them put together yet. Plus there is probably some vacation time happening now too.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

FNG

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 03, 2023, 06:20:37 PM
Quote from: bryhan67 on July 03, 2023, 03:22:12 PM

I think they said they will be getting the pcbs for the combox soon , don't think they have them put together yet. Plus there is probably some vacation time happening now too.
Larry
Sorry I havent responded to all the emails I am waiting for a dock date on the PCBs and then an available date from planning. I expect late next week to be reaching out and also will be creating a section on the forum this week so Wizbandit can start asking questions and molding things as we progress

bryhan67

Any updates on web access for beta testing? Ive been pushing my Hawkes bay to 100% every day and its been working great.

I truly hope there is a way to see the PV watts coming in from all my classic's and added to the Hawkes bay numbers. Watts in would be most important. I love so much that I can see all 4 of my classics data on one screen. Maybe a custom app could be made to combine data from both.

boB

Quote from: bryhan67 on August 03, 2023, 01:27:35 PMAny updates on web access for beta testing? Ive been pushing my Hawkes bay to 100% every day and its been working great.

I truly hope there is a wat to see the PV watts coming in from all my classis and added to the Hawkes bay numbers. Watts in would be most important. I love so much that I can see all 5 of my classics data on one screen. Maybe a custom app could be made to combine data from both.

Who is your internet  ISP, Bryhan ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wizbandit

I have been working on optimizing the modules, removing development, debug & logging code.  I reworked the Classic module to try an optimize it, have been testing it but not sure I like it yet, may try another way. I had to rebuild the OS from sctrach to update Linux & Python to the newest versions.  That is done, had to install a bunch of drivers, get the CAN system up and running and test for stability.

I have Hawkes Bay, Barcelona and Rosie code running in test mode now.  The present code only supports (1) HB and (1) BAR and (2) Rosies.  The Classic code only supports (4) Classics using ethernet and TCP, serial is going to be added when I get the rest tuned.  If the optimizations free up more CPU time I "might" be able to add another Classic.

Ryan should be adding the COMBOX Support Forum soon.  I'll keep updating progress as I can...

bryhan67

Quote from: Wizbandit on August 04, 2023, 12:37:14 PMI have been working on optimizing the modules, removing development, debug & logging code. 

Good stuff, At my place I have 4-6 Air conditioners running depending the temp and solar output. So I constantly and watching my data and start turning on and off each AC unit. Havvie that single view of everything would be great.

Wizbandit

Well, you're really going to like the little hardware daughter board I have built in between writing COMBOX Code.  It was designed on a Raspberry Pi3 but might run on the COMBOX if I get around to testing it. It has 4 AC voltage input channels and 10 120A AC current transformer channels (CT's) that can monitor AC power.  I might need to drop it back to 2 AC voltage and 6 AC CT's.  Might not have enough CPU to run.  Once you have AC voltages, AC currents and power factors you can calculate all kinds of AC Power data.

FYI - The COMBOX Forum section is open now...

bryhan67

Hows the combox coming? Anything we can beta test?

boB

Quote from: bryhan67 on September 19, 2023, 10:56:37 AM

Hows the combox coming? Anything we can beta test?

Soon I hope.  We are doing some other improvements to the Barcelona otherwise so it's all still in progress

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

bryhan67

Its been 6 months is there any web access yet for the Hawke's Bay ?

Wizbandit

I just received a rev "G" of the COMBOX circuit board last week.  I need to finish one more modification to add a 9V battery to support "safe shutdown".  Can't release any without the safe shutdown, I have crashed 3 COMBOXs from Linux file system corruptions in the last month, you think you got away with a accidental power-down but the errors in the file system compound over time and it then just crashes hard. I don't work at any of the Midnite buildings, I work from home 3000 miles away.  I had to pack up my electronics shop for remodeling and all my parts are in totes.  I can't find some parts I need to complete the hardware changes.  Add that to working in the tech support department and that leaves little time for working on the COMBOX project. Still working on some minor code issues but the big tasks are done and working fine, so far...