News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie testing

Started by solarhills99, July 10, 2023, 10:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarhills99

Have had Rosie installed for a week.  The only glitch I have discovered is a 20 yr. old Panasonic Inverter Microwave is not working.  Turns on for a few seconds, then shuts down.  I have been running it off an Outback 3500.  Tried it on my neighbors old Trace modified sign wave, worked fine.

Any thought,
Charles

boB

So, the Rosie shuts down ? or the Microwave shuts down ?

Is the Rosie output voltage 120 VAC ?

This is interesting.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

Do you have a model# for the microwave?

solarhills99

Panasonic, Model NN-T6648F, 2004 vintage

The Rosie does not shut down.  The inverter comes on for a few seconds, then sputters, then shuts off.  Checked the voltage at the service panel breaker.  It's 120 and maintains 120 as the Microwave attempts to start.

This thing ran fine off my Outback, which was 3 three wire setup, not 4.  Only difference I can see.  I intend to pick up another Microwave soon.

Thanks,
Charles

solarhills99

boB, and Ryan,

So after fooling around with this microwave I have happened on a possible reason for the non-opperation - humidity.  Rosie sits in a damp cellar.  It has been a steam bath in the great northeast but for the past two days the morning starts out soggy, then as the afternoon warms the the air drys out.  Also I have been running Rosie at a 2,000 or so out put for hours, so she warms up.  So the Microwave does not work in the morning but does in the afternoon.  More testing to follow, but I might be onto something.  It will be interesting to see when it finally drys out here how things go.