News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Whisbang Jr. wrong amp reading

Started by qcda1, July 25, 2023, 08:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qcda1

Hello. Just installed a Whisbang Jr. on my main Classic 150 to replace a Pentametric that died on me... Whisbang Jr. is mounted on a Deltec 50mV 500A as per specs and on the negative side of battery bank. All is good except that amperage reading is twice the real amperage. I can confirm this as I have a fixed load at night that I've been monitoring for years and I also added a Victron Smart Shunt in series with the WBJr. shunt to measure load. The Classic is hooked up between the two shunts. That allows me to measure load only with the Smart Shunt.
So any ideas as to why this happens? Any adjustments I can make in the registers? I'm able to read/write registers with my Raspberry that already communicate with my Classics. Tried to see if something could be done with the Local Application without luck...
BTW, I have two Classics in "follow-me" arrangement in a 48VDC system.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel.

ClassicCrazy

Can you show wiring of your shunts - photo or a line drawing ?
I don't understand the " Classic is hooked up between the two shunts "?
Also - do you have the wire off the Whizbang going in the correct direction ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable