News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie Epanel and 2 controllers

Started by offgridfarmer, November 04, 2023, 06:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offgridfarmer

Hello,
I am wondering if you have two classic charge controllers if you are able to attach both to the Epanel. Or do you need to have a combiner box which then feeds into the epanel?
Thanks

ClassicCrazy

I dont' have an epanel but for my two classics I did not have a combiner. Each PV array goes to a Classic , and then each Classic was wired to the battery . So each Classic has it's own pv in breaker, and a breaker going out to battery. On my system there was large wire going from battery to inverter breaker , and both Classics battery out positive  wires went to bottom of that breaker for positive connectin , and to the common negative point on the Shunt - the other side of shunt  had only one connection to battery so the Whizbang would see the combined out put of both Classics .
Hope this helps if you are looking at a drawing of an epanel.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable