News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie TOU

Started by rs50pilot, November 13, 2023, 08:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Try this...

Leave Xfer time disabled and set a value in the start field.

If float time is less than 24hrs charger goes silent

New bulk starts at midnight  Or by forcing a new bulk

I'm just repeating what I heard BTW.  :)

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

The Rosie starts a new day / Charge cycle at Midnight. So if Float time is set to less than 24hrs, For example if you set float time to 1hr then here is what happens:

At Midnight the Rosie will start a new Bulk charge if the ac in is present. It goes until it finishes the absorb timer and goes to float. Now it will float charge for 1hr and go silent for the remainder of the day

The triggers that can start a new charge that same day:
Rebulk
Manually forcing a Bulk charge in the user menu
Hitting Midnight

aaapilot

Quote from: FNG on February 09, 2024, 11:44:54 AMThe Rosie starts a new day / Charge cycle at Midnight. So if Float time is set to less than 24hrs, For example if you set float time to 1hr then here is what happens:

At Midnight the Rosie will start a new Bulk charge if the ac in is present. It goes until it finishes the absorb timer and goes to float. Now it will float charge for 1hr and go silent for the remainder of the day

Rebulk
Hitting Midnight

Hi Ryan.  So how does the charge cycle work if you set Float time to 24hrs?  Also, would it be possible to add an AC charger sub-menu that allows the user to set a given time that the charger can run, rather than at midnight, and perhaps at a given SOC% in addition to a Rebulk voltage?  Pretty much like the generator sub-menu, which has several variables that can be set for generator operation to charge the batteries.  Thanks much!

Dave
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

FNG

Quote from: aaapilot on February 09, 2024, 01:02:26 PM
Quote from: FNG on February 09, 2024, 11:44:54 AMThe Rosie starts a new day / Charge cycle at Midnight. So if Float time is set to less than 24hrs, For example if you set float time to 1hr then here is what happens:

Rebulk
Hitting Midnight

Hi Ryan.  So how does the charge cycle work if you set Float time to 24hrs?  Also, would it be possible to add an AC charger sub-menu that allows the user to set a given time that the charger can run, rather than at midnight, and perhaps at a given SOC% in addition to a Rebulk voltage?  Pretty much like the generator sub-menu, which has several variables that can be set for generator operation to charge the batteries.  Thanks much!

Dave
If Flot time is set for 24:00 the Rosie will float the full day until Midnight and then go back to bulk.

Yes a Charger start/stop block is a nice addition I will suggest this to engineering

rs50pilot

I'll try it and report back. Would be nice if as soon as you have grid back if it would just charge the batteries, no matter the time or if a charge cycle has completed.