News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie TOU

Started by rs50pilot, November 13, 2023, 08:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs50pilot

Does Rosie have time of use settings? I didn't see anything in the manual, but maybe I missed it.

Also, what's the word on the comm box?

Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

This is from Whizbandit....

it's in INVERTER CONFIG / AC INPUT CONTROL

LOAD XFER

INV XFER

time on/off

does it work??  maybe

not tested here

Ryan says he thinks it used to work and should still work.
I do not know for sure but we are going through this stuff
rapidyly now.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

rs50pilot

Quote from: boB on November 15, 2023, 04:06:56 PMThis is from Whizbandit....

it's in INVERTER CONFIG / AC INPUT CONTROL

LOAD XFER

INV XFER

time on/off

does it work??  maybe

not tested here

Ryan says he thinks it used to work and should still work.
I do not know for sure but we are going through this stuff
rapidyly now.

boB

I  called midnite and a nice gentlemen tested it on the phone for me. He said it worked, so I decided to keep my rosie and I hooked her up.

Now after some messing around I was able to get her to switch to battery at set time. But it seems that she will not go back to the grid and charge the batteries at the end time...

Non of this is in the manual, so I'm not sure if I have something else set incorrectly that would keep her from going back to the grid.

rs50pilot

OK, I have it figured out and working.
The settings are backwards of what I would think they would be. But since I don't know what they mean, then maybe they are not.

In the picture I have Rosie set to pull from the batteries at 4:59 and return to the grid at 9:05.
My brain says the times should be placed in the opposite spots, but it works so I am happy.

You have to roll the knob through all of the time slots. That is very annoying. And it does not roll all the way around and start over.... you have to go back the other way.

Would be much better if you could set it the same way you set the time on the MNGP.

Hope this helps someone. I can't believe how quite this inverter is. I have to look at the screen to make sure it's working.

rs50pilot

Well maybe I spoke too soon. If I set the disconnect and then the reconnect within 3 mins of each other,  everything works fine and Rosie charges from the grid as soon as ac in comes back on.

However, for the past three days running the disconnect at 5pm and a reconnect at 9 pm she does not charge the battery until midnite.

At 9pm the ac light comes on and I can see Rosie does have power flowing into her. But she will not charge until midnight?

I can force the charge, but that is the only way I can find to make her charge before midnight.
I've looked at all the settings and I don't see anything obvious that I missed. Temp in my garage has been in the 50s around 9pm and colder at midnight so it's not a low charge temp problem.

Any suggestions? Could this be a bug in the software?

aaapilot

Quote from: rs50pilot on December 14, 2023, 01:06:29 AMWell maybe I spoke too soon. If I set the disconnect and then the reconnect within 3 mins of each other,  everything works fine and Rosie charges from the grid as soon as ac in comes back on.

However, for the past three days running the disconnect at 5pm and a reconnect at 9 pm she does not charge the battery until midnite.

At 9pm the ac light comes on and I can see Rosie does have power flowing into her. But she will not charge until midnight?

I can force the charge, but that is the only way I can find to make her charge before midnight.
I've looked at all the settings and I don't see anything obvious that I missed. Temp in my garage has been in the 50s around 9pm and colder at midnight so it's not a low charge temp problem.

Any suggestions? Could this be a bug in the software?
Hi rs50pilot.  Did you get this issue sorted out?  Also, can you explain what the 'LOAD XFER xxW' means/is used for?    Thanks.  Dave
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

rs50pilot

[/quote]
Hi rs50pilot.  Did you get this issue sorted out?  Also, can you explain what the 'LOAD XFER xxW' means/is used for?    Thanks.  Dave
[/quote]

Load xfer is for setting a time when rosie switches from the grid to batteries.  We have time of use rates, so from 4 to 9pm we get charged more for power.
So I can set rosie to run off batteries during these times.

She's switching fine, but for some reason doesn't charge until midnite. Or sometimes she won't charge for two days.

I don't know why. I need to call midnite. I figured someone would answer here.

Wizbandit

Yea, don't bother calling, the function is hosed.  I made a BUG report but the engineers doing the code might be on vacation until after the 1st.  Xfer START and Xfer STOP has me confused, I don't know if it means AC START/STOP or INVERTER START/STOP.  In any event, they seems to be reversed...

aaapilot

Thanks rs50pilot and Whizbandit!  I'll hold off playing with that function until after the new year.  I have the same application as you, rs50pilot, different rates at set times.  Would also like to see an AC charger menu just like this battery menu, so you can set times to run the AC charger on the grid at other than automatically at 0001 of a new day.  We have rates as low as .05/kw, but not necessarily at midnight.  I'd also like to wait for Solar to charge the battery during the day, but if it's a cloudy day, then have the charger kick in to top off the battery before rates go up.  Take care ....  Dave
_ _ _ _ _

rs50pilot

Quote from: Wizbandit on December 26, 2023, 11:14:07 AMYea, don't bother calling, the function is hosed.  I made a BUG report but the engineers doing the code might be on vacation until after the 1st.  Xfer START and Xfer STOP has me confused, I don't know if it means AC START/STOP or INVERTER START/STOP.  In any event, they seems to be reversed...

What do you means it is hosed? Xfer seems to mean AC start/stop as the AC light flashes.

It does work at a set time, but I need it to charge as soon as AC returns. For whatever reason it wont charge until midnight if it charges at all.

This is a bummer, it is the main reason I purchased Rosie. I don't have any solar connected directly to Rosie. The power went out the other days for 10 hrs in the morning. I was gone and since it wasn't midnight, the inverter did not charge my batteries from the grid when it came back up.

Later that evening we lost the grid again and instead of starting with a full battery, I was only 60% charged.

This needs to be fixed. Even the cheap overseas inverter I had before could handle this no problem.

aaapilot

Quote from: rs50pilot on December 26, 2023, 12:12:07 AMLoad xfer is for setting a time when rosie switches from the grid to batteries.  We have time of use rates, so from 4 to 9pm we get charged more for power.

She's switching fine, but for some reason doesn't charge until midnite. Or sometimes she won't charge for two days.

Just as an update, from my experience today, this bug has been fixed in the new Beta firmware.  I have my system set to run on batteries starting at 5am thru  9pm.  It worked fine today, then at 9pm, switched back to utility power and immediately began charging the batteries.   rs50pilot, you might try it again after loading the latest Beta and see how it goes for you.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

rs50pilot

Quote from: aaapilot on January 21, 2024, 11:39:05 PM
Quote from: rs50pilot on December 26, 2023, 12:12:07 AMLoad xfer is for setting a time when rosie switches from the grid to batteries.  We have time of use rates, so from 4 to 9pm we get charged more for power.

Just as an update, from my experience today, this bug has been fixed in the new Beta firmware.  I have my system set to run on batteries starting at 5am thru  9pm.  It worked fine today, then at 9pm, switched back to utility power and immediately began charging the batteries.   rs50pilot, you might try it again after loading the latest Beta and see how it goes for you.

Dave

Thank you Dave. I updated and it is working so far. Thanks to midnite for fixing the issue. Once I get my epanel I'll be set.

Next up is the wait for communications.

rs50pilot

Well, looks like it still doesn't want to charge until midnight. 

aaapilot

Quote from: rs50pilot on February 05, 2024, 12:20:31 AMWell, looks like it still doesn't want to charge until midnight. 

Had the inverter already completed an AC charge cycle for that day?  I'm thinking if it already did a charge cycle since midnight and your battery is not at or below the re-bulk voltage, it won't run the charge cycle until the next day, i.e. midnight?

Dave
_ _ _ _ _