Input voltage error

Started by jjhdtv, November 24, 2023, 01:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjhdtv

Hello.  I ended up on this forum to get some help diagnosing a KID problem.  My existing system uses two KID charge controllers.  I'm adding a third KID with a completely separate array.

The KID was purchased as an "open box" from a popular online auction site.

I hooked everything up (solar array and battery).

The new KID starts up everything seems working. 

When the solar array input voltage is measured with my multimeter I get about 90volts (measured at the connection terminals on the back of the KID).  However, the KID input voltage only reads 24 +_ volts.  Thus it remains resting and does not provide any output charging amps. 

I have checked all fuses and tried resetting to default - same results.  Measured input voltage from PV is significantly different from the INPUT voltage displayed on the KID.  No charging output.

Looking for suggestions to fix the issue before purchasing a different charge controller.  thank you

ClassicCrazy

You could also check with Midnite for a repair estimate.
If it was me I would open it up and have to look to see if anything is obviously toasted in there. If it was something like a circuit board trace you could solder a piece of wire around it and see if that made it work. But that would be too easy of a fix !
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Yeah, call our support folks or email  support  at  midnitesolar  dot com

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me