News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie not syncing with generator

Started by offgridfarmer, November 27, 2023, 10:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

offgridfarmer

I have just installed a new rosie with Epanel and am having trouble with sycning our generator.  Our main generator is being serviced so we are using a smaller honda 5kw.  When I first attempted to have it sync it would be hit or miss.  The genrator was running between 61 and 62 hz when unloaded while attempting to sync and the voltage was a little low.  I tightened up the voltage to 120/240 and the hz was still around 61 unloaded.  It synced no problem for a day.  Then I went to start it again today and it won't sync.  Voltage and hz are still the same.

The relay wasn't tripping this morning and I fiddle with a few setting then reset to default.  Changed only the battery setting for lithium and brought the amp control setting down to 10 and charge down to 6. The inverter would grab for a second then the relay would go and it would search again.  The Generator doesn't sound different for the brief period the inverter syncs.

I switched from a 24 outback system that synced with it no problem even before tightening up the frequency and voltage and I took it all down when I had the inverter and generator playing nice.  I won't have our big generator up and running for a few weeks.

Any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks

offgridfarmer

Upgraded the firmware and that seems to have fixed the problem.

boB

Great news !

What kind of generator is it ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me