News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

AC Coupling

Started by aaapilot, December 23, 2023, 12:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

Has anyone used this function yet?  Operating on the latest BETA firmware 23.11.02.03, I see the menu item 'AC Coupling' on/off.  Once 'ON' is selected, I don't see any other menu items. What changes occur in the Inverter when you turn this ON? Perhaps this still a 'work in progress'?  The previous BETA firmware indicates Frequency shift was added w/AC Coupling Menu, but I can't find it in a menu.

I used this function in my previous system, Magnum PAE 4248, and an SMA string inverter (Not the Island).  The Magnum inverter would kick the string inverter off when the Voltage reached 61 or 62 volts, I believe, as it did not have anyway to control input voltage.  I added a relay that kicked it off at any voltage above 60v as a primary protection, so the buit-in function was secondary for redundancy.  Not the best way to do AC coupling for sure, but I only used it when I could monitor it and the batteries were drained.  I can't find documentation on how Midnite implements this function in the Rosie.  Thanks :)
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

boB

I know that AC coupling works.  As for turning the function on/off like you found, I think that it just uses the normal frequency shifting algorithm everybody else uses in order to turn up and down the power output of external micro-inverters or string inverters.

I thought there was a menu regarding the frequency shift but maybe not ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

aaapilot

Thanks Bob for the update!  Happy Holidays :)
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\