Absorb timer

Started by Wxboy, July 03, 2012, 02:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wxboy

I'm trying to understand how the absorb timer works.  I have absorb set for 15 min. minimum and 4 hours maximum.  I assumed when you look at the absorb time it tells you how many minutes it's been absorbing for the current day.  I just updated the firmware and the timer started at 15 and is counting up from there but the charge mode is bulk mode and has been all day so far.  I noticed this the other day too.  I never used to look at this timer so I don't have a lot of experience with it but I would expect that once that timer reached 4 hours it would go to float mode(assuming it didn't hit me EA number first).  The way it's working now it looks like it will hit it's 4 hour mark and go to float too early.  Recently I noticed the controller went to float very quickly on 2 different days and maybe this is why.

Please help me understand how this is working.

Thank you. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

boB

All your observations are correct except for one detail...

When you are in Bulk, as you noticed, it counted up.  BUT, when it hits 4 hours, that is
your maximum setting and so it will just stay at 4 hours until it goes to Absorb.
Then, the timer will start counting down while in absorb and holding the battery
voltage at the absorb set point.

When that timer counts down to zero, then the Classic will go to Float.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wxboy

Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank