[Closed]. Classic 200 MNGP assembly

Started by Lya72, July 10, 2012, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lya72

Hello,

Where can i find the screws bag in the packaging of a 200 Classic?

I am looking especially the screws to secure the MNGP on the Classic.

If these screws have been forgotten during assembly, could you tell me their diameter, length and pitch, so I try to buy them here in France.

Also thank you to tell me the list of all the included screws in this bag.

Thank you in advance.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

The MNGP should be attached to the Classic when it is shipped. There is 4 small stainless screws in the 4 corners of the back half of the MNGP plastic case holding it on? Are you saying your complete MNGP was not screwed to the Classic from the factory?

There is no bag of screws that ships with the Classic.

Ryan

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

SolarMusher

Salut Yann,
L'écran du MNGP est juste clippé sur le contrôleur, tu peux l'enlever et le remettre délicatement à la main. Les vis dont parle Ryan sont celles qui fixent l'écran au contrôleur. Il n'y a pas de vis livrées avec le contrôleur.
A+
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Lya72

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the rapid answer.

Yes, my MNGP wasn't attach to the Classic body with the 4 screws.

Yes, i am searching information on these stainless screws, or i will wait for a sent because the MNGP is  attached with the data cable.

PS1 :  as said on a sheet in my package, "my controller is one of the first off the production line" (2Q2012) so i understand this little problem.

PS2 :  Thanks to SolarMusher for the dedicated answer in french.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Vic

As I recall,  the MNGP module with the LCD display and buttons pushes into a holder.  IIRC,  friction holds the MNGP itself into the holder.  The HOLDER is held in place with the four screws.  This is from memory -- no Classic here to look at.

My recollection may be defective.   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

SolarMusher

Salut Yann,
Essayes de poster une photo qu'on puisse se rendre compte.
A+,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Lya72

I expect to be more precise in this message.

Don't hesitate to recall if needed.

My MNGP is independant of the Classic body where i can see the four holes.

For me, the MNGP is the electronic part including the LCD display where is also sitting the battery, where you must remove a paper, to activate it.

After that, i plug the speaker and clipped the front plastic cover on the MNGP, and searched the screws to fix it on the Classic metal body.

That all.

Yann

SolarMusher

Salut Yann,
Je ne vois vraiment pas de quoi tu parles... Le MNGP (plastic cover) n'est pas fixé avec des vis, il est juste clippé. C'est le circuit board en arrière qui est fixé avec 4 vis à la face avant du Classic. Cette face avant est ensuite fixée au corps du Classic avec 4 vis pour le fermer.
Est ce que tu veux dire que le circuit board du MNGP n'est pas fixé à la face avant du Classic? Ce serait étonnant.
Est ce que tu ne serait pas plutôt en train de parler des 4 vis qui fixent la face avant du Classic au corps principal? A ce moment là, le Classic est livré complètement monté et fixé avec ces 4 vis.
Envoies une photo, sinon ça va être dur de se comprendre...
A+
Erik

Lya72

Yes Erik (Même si c'est étonnant, tu as parfaitement compris),

The circuit board of the MNGP wasn't fixed to the Classic Front metal body with his 4 screws !!

Yann

Lya72

With an image, because my posts remains obscurs :

Yann

SolarMusher

Salut Yann,
A ta place je demanderais à mon dealer un autre Classic 200, si les vis sont manquantes qui sait quelles autre surprises tu peux avoir à l'usage en le conservant. Ton contrôleur n'est pas supposé d'être livré comme ça.
C'est juste l'opinion d'un gars qui n'a rien à voir avec Midnite...
A+,
Erik

Lya72

Hi Erik,

I acquired this controller from the official dealer in Spain, before returning to home in France.

Who is in charge of the support after buying ( the dealer or Midnite) ??

My need was to get quickly a MPPT controller,  because my PWM controller was driving my batteries too high in voltage (37V panels with 24V batteries). Secondly, i choose a Midnite Classic because the USB/Ethernet reporting was integrated.

Help needed, by PM or in the forum.

PS : Erik, je continue l'échange en anglais, car c'est la langue principale de ce forum.

Halfcrazy

I do am beside my self on that one. Trust me when I say the proper heads will be beaten together today  >:(

I will get you the size of the screw as soon as some one is in at MidNite to tell me the size. I can also send you the screws or if this came from Nigel he may have 4 screws there. Let me know what you prefer I do to make this rite.

Ryan

PS you can still use the controller and let the MNGP hang on the cable till I can get you the screw size or screws.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

SolarMusher

Hi Yann,
If you need support on your Classic, you can ask this forum or your dealer (I think he's also on this forum). But I'm sure Ryan will find a solution to your problem. Support is one reason why people love midnite products. You didn't make a mistake in buying a Classic as it's one of the best MPPT controller at this time.
If you need further help in French, you can still contact me.
A+,
Erik

Lya72

Hi Ryan,

Before cutting heads, exploit the spirit juice, until the last drop.

- make a better quality check list.
- also, allow them a chance to catch up, by helping me when i will plug my Classic and my Synology NAS together to log datas.

For the screws, let me know rapidly their references as asked before (european notation will be better ) or send me 5, ASAP.
I dont want to ask for Nigel because the Classic was factory sealed, not opened to pick the  screws. ;))))

Yann

PS : Thanks for all, including Erik.