Anyone mounted a Classic to a PS2DC enclosure

Started by LostInTheBog, May 26, 2024, 12:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTheBog

Replacing my old MX60. Would like to hang the Classic in the same place, right side of PS2DC load centre. This required an optional bracket set for the MX60. Can't imagine I'll be lucky enough to reuse that... or even to find somebody who knows!

ClassicCrazy

do you have a photo ?
I am not familiar with how the Outback was mounted .
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

LostInTheBog

Thanks, as soon as I can find a minute I'll scan a few shots from the installation manual. I'll have to fiddle with the contrast a bit cuz they're not super clear, but would be more informative than a shot of my system. (I don't think I ever had a pdf... time to dredge up some old backup disks perhaps.)

In the meantime...

The MX mounts to two brackets that position it right up against the PS2DC such that the front and bottom edges of the two enclosures are aligned, as are the 1" knockouts in the bottom right side of the load center / bottom left side of the MX so they can be close-nippled together.

The MX attaches to the top bracket by its centered keyhole-style hanger hole in the rear plate that protrudes above the enclosure, and to the bottom bracket by 4 screws through the rear of the wiring compartment.

LostInTheBog

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on May 26, 2024, 01:22:39 PMdo you have a photo ?
I am not familiar with how the Outback was mounted .
Larry

OK I'm all set to post photos but it looks like I have to stick them online somewhere and link. Unsurprising I guess. I'll figure it out...

Vic

There is probably a limit of the size of the image that can be Attached,  perhaps around 5 Megs.

If that is not your issue,  have you found this text,  just below the box where you enter the text of your post,   it reads, 
"Click or drag files here to attach them"?

OR,  are you having different issues ??

Thankd, Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

LostInTheBog

Derp, no I missed that. That's what I get for doing stuff in a hurry on my tiny phone screen, thanks Vic. So here we go, first one is exactly what my system currently looks like except I have only one inverter and I have the Mate mounted elsewhere. Second photo is from the section on mounting the MX.

ClassicCrazy

Seems like you should be able to mount the Classic on there . Of course you may need to drill some new mounting holes. And if the side holes don't line up you may need to either drill new holes in your breaker box for wires to go through , or use some conduit offsets.
It will just take a bit of fiddling to get it to work and some of that will depend on if you want it to be perfect looking in addition to being electric safe.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

LostInTheBog

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on May 27, 2024, 10:11:16 PMSeems like you should be able to mount the Classic on there . Of course you may need to drill some new mounting holes. And if the side holes don't line up you may need to either drill new holes in your breaker box for wires to go through , or use some conduit offsets.
It will just take a bit of fiddling to get it to work and some of that will depend on if you want it to be perfect looking in addition to being electric safe.
Larry

Kinda what I was thinking but I thought I might get lucky and run across someone who'd actually "been dere dun dat."

Sorry about the late response. I got busy and forgot the thread for a bit.

ClassicCrazy

no problem - you will figure out a way to get it on there !
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable