News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie in South America Guyana

Started by mahendra, June 09, 2024, 04:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

Greeting all.
I mentioned I would post on Rosie and her trip to Guyana.
Well she made it safely with Barcy(Barcelona)with everything( panel box and wiring ) to permanently enjoy the 🌞

Had her and Barcy cleared shipping and customs on Friday.
Unpack all their stuff and had them settled in .
They will be moving in their new house 🏠 ( I mean this literally-old Genny shed)hopefully by the end of this week to start the family.

Will keep posting pics and maybe videos.
We don't have a recording team.

We are a small Country. From my local research it's the first Rosie and Barcelona in Guyana.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

dapdan

Congratulations.

I can confirm she is not the first in the Caricom/Caribbean region. I had my Rosie here in Barbados since last year. It is one of the beta units.

Looking forward to see the set up.

Damani

mahendra

Thanks
I know saw your thread.
That's why I was specific
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

dapdan

;D

I am looking at the AIO. it is under preorder with current connected. It's a little pricey tho.

mahendra

Same here ;D ,
Dexter from Current Connected posted some pics on DIYsolar forum.
There are a few videos on utube as well, but not much about the ONE in the actual footage .

dapdan

I am really liking the feature set and the usual great and best in class support from Midnite really makes it a very enticing prospect. I have had Rosie running flawlessly for nearly a year now but I need a back-up. I have had two back-up(s) failed recently (a schneider conext and a magnum pae). I have no functioning back up inverter should there be an issue with Rosie. Also I like to have hands on experience when I am recommending inverters to clients as well.

mahendra

Same here we usually have plans A, B, C, D...

Our issues here in Guyana have been compounded because our grid is unreliable and unpredictable has been so and doesn't seem to be improving any time soon, because of this  I usually recommend not connecting inverters to the grid for this reason even though SPDS is used.

mahendra

Rosie and Barcelona up!
Installation progressed more than the pics attached but ran into two obstacles that's cause Rosie or Barcelona to be Powered up.
1.  Options Board does not have plug for Arc fault toroid plug( see pic).

2.Found a neutral to ground phantom voltage of 20vac on the line intended for the AC out from Rosie.This goes to manual transfer switch that switches to Grid/Inverter( Rosie).
Not finding any faults so far.
Any thoughts on getting this fixed are  welcomed.
Rechecking home wiring more thoroughly tomorrow.
Initially though it was a bad ground rod for system turned out not to be so.

Wizbandit

Do you have any soldering skills?  If not we probably will need to send a new Barcelona.  I can direct you how to get to the back of that PCB to solder in a connector. Or, you could just cut the plug off and solder the wires to those two pads.  Leave enough wire to splice it back if we decide to just send a new PCB or connector.

mahendra

I would hate to be greedy for you to send a new Barcelona( even though I want more😁) and besides I am way over in the Southern hemisphere. I do have soldering skills but it seems a bit small for my expertises but willing to try

mahendra

I also found the phantom/ghost voltage,
It was old grid power feed for outlet and light to the Genny room.

Was in the same conduit as inverter lines to the house .
Took that out completely and ran fresh cable away from inverter output wire.
Set me back two days but was worth it .I hate to see anomalies that can cause issues.

mahendra

Didn't get to rectify the Arc fault
Plug issue.
Would be doing so when I get a second wbjr currently being shipped.
Quote from: mahendra on June 17, 2024, 05:13:31 PMI also found the phantom/ghost voltage,
It was old grid power feed for outlet and light to the Genny room.

Was in the same conduit as inverter lines to the house .
Took that out completely and ran fresh cable away from inverter output wire.
Set me back two days but was worth it .I hate to see anomalies that can cause issues.
Kindly guide in removing the board for soldering . My soldering skills can't do it with the board on.

In the mean time enjoy some pics of Rosie and producing power,

I also had some difficulty getting Rosie and Barcelona to stay on lithium battery settings .

As of now I am depending on wbjr and charge profiles to get batteries charged to lithium configurations .These are however ok since it was what the batteries were using with old system.

mahendra

See several

mahendra

mahendra