Previous topic - Next topic

epsgunner

I have assigned my Classic 150

IP 192.168.1.160
SUB 255.255.255.0
GW 192.168.1.52
D1  0.0.0.0
D2  0.0.0.0

My latop has a LAN connection and a Wi-Fi Connection.. Windows XP Home Edition..

I assigned the LAN connection 192.168.1.52 with subnet 255.255.255.0

I can bring up the Local App.. I can also check my email via the Wi-Fi..

I cannot however browse the internet..

The second I unplug the LAN connection (pull the plug) or disable in the profile.. my internet comes right up..

Any suggestions on what this may be??

boB

Quote from: epsgunner on July 29, 2012, 04:26:26 PM
I have assigned my Classic 150

IP 192.168.1.160
SUB 255.255.255.0
GW 192.168.1.52
D1  0.0.0.0
D2  0.0.0.0

My latop has a LAN connection and a Wi-Fi Connection.. Windows XP Home Edition..

I assigned the LAN connection 192.168.1.52 with subnet 255.255.255.0

I can bring up the Local App.. I can also check my email via the Wi-Fi..

I cannot however browse the internet..

The second I unplug the LAN connection (pull the plug) or disable in the profile.. my internet comes right up..

Any suggestions on what this may be??

Hmmmm....  Interesting...

Did you assign your own IP static address in the Classic ??  Or are you using DHCP ??

I always let the router assign the IP address with DHCP and then change it to Static IP.

Or, just let DHCP assign the IP address always.

Did you try that ?  DHCP I mean ??

That's what I can think of right off.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

epsgunner

Currently as static.. and hooked with crossover directly to the laptop port.. I get on the internet via the Wifi side that links to our router box..

If I enable DHCP in stead (on the Classic end) do I need to put some numbers in the D1 field??

boB

Quote from: epsgunner on July 30, 2012, 06:35:39 AM
Currently as static.. and hooked with crossover directly to the laptop port.. I get on the internet via the Wifi side that links to our router box..

If I enable DHCP in stead (on the Classic end) do I need to put some numbers in the D1 field??

I have never  had to enter anything into the D1 (DNS) field and I think that's because it is only used
when the Classic is connecting to the mymidnite server.   In your case, the internet is coming directly
to the Classic instead of the Classic going out into the internet.

So, just flip the STATIC up to DHCP and see if that resolves your conflict...  I think  conflicting IP addresses
may be the problem here so let's see if your router giving the IP address fixes that.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

epsgunner

If  the Classic is hooked to the laptop with the LAN cable.. and the wifi is hooking me to the internet router.. will the router assign the Classic an IP thru my laptop??  I don't think it will..

I will try DHCP later today..