Monitoring without software?

Started by Volvo Farmer, September 05, 2012, 10:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volvo Farmer

Back when I had a MX60, I'd get home from work, see my batteries in float and wonder what happened that day. I could go out to the power shed and see how long I had been in float by pushing a few buttons.  I cannot seem to get much logging info directly from the controller on this Classic though.

So I'm not exactly against the idea of using some software and a computer to get some basic logging information, but is that my only choice? And I know this might sound stupid, but do I have to leave the computer hooked to the Classic 24/7 to get any logging info? Or could I just go out once in a while and download multiple days of information that are stored for me?

Vic

Hi VF,

There is quite a lot of Logged data inside the Classic.

Have you seen the newish manual for the Classic?:
http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/classicManual.pdf

On pg 44,  midway down the page,  begins the enhanced info on using the Log menu.

You may know all of this,  but this is FWIW.  Currently,  I am not using any app,  as there is no computer at the site with Classics.  Will let others comment on Apps.

Have Fun,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Volvo Farmer

Ahhh, methinks my firmware is horribly out of date.  I have only lifetime KWhr on the logs screen. Thanks!

boB

Quote from: Volvo Farmer on September 05, 2012, 11:51:50 PM
Ahhh, methinks my firmware is horribly out of date.  I have only lifetime KWhr on the logs screen. Thanks!

Hey VF !!

Yeah, I think your firmware is a bit old.  Newer firmware has  more goodies that you may want.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Volvo Farmer

Updated firmware today on both the 200 and the 150.  I gotta say, a charge controller with field updateable firmware is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I now have the monitoring data I want, and it can only get better as time goes on!

I thought it would be really hard using Windoze7 but you folks made a really nice tutorial there. Easy as Pie!

boB

Quote from: Volvo Farmer on September 09, 2012, 08:13:46 PM
Updated firmware today on both the 200 and the 150.  I gotta say, a charge controller with field updateable firmware is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I now have the monitoring data I want, and it can only get better as time goes on!

I thought it would be really hard using Windoze7 but you folks made a really nice tutorial there. Easy as Pie!

My little "LIKE" thingy is checked !!
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Quote from: boB on September 09, 2012, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: Volvo Farmer on September 09, 2012, 08:13:46 PM

My little "LIKE" thingy is checked !!

Yes, the monitoring data sure is impressive, if I could just find the mngp app for my iphone  :)
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

PVfish

Quote from: Volvo Farmer on September 05, 2012, 10:11:34 PM
So I'm not exactly against the idea of using some software and a computer to get some basic logging information, but is that my only choice? And I know this might sound stupid, but do I have to leave the computer hooked to the Classic 24/7 to get any logging info? Or could I just go out once in a while and download multiple days of information that are stored for me?

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I am wondering the same thing. Ideally I would like to only have to connect a computer to it every couple weeks or so to retrieve all the logged values.
<°))><          <°))><       <°))><            <°))><            <°))><          <°))><             <°))><           <°))><        <°))><    <°))><       <°))><      <°))><         <°))><               <°))><            <°))><          <°))><        <°))><  

crunnells

As far as I know, this is something they're still working on for the Local App.