3-phase 600V Midnite Surge suppressor?

Started by Mr. Underfoot, September 15, 2012, 10:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Underfoot

Greetings - I have a Proven 6 wind generator that I'd like to protect.  As this unit is 3 phase wild AC, a Delta LA603 was recommended but I'd rather have the peace of mind of a Midnite Solar product.  Can y'all whip one up?

Halfcrazy

We are working on a 3 phase version. The downside is there will be less protection per phase as we can not fit any more MOV's in the case. I prefer on wind turbines to use 2 of the SPD's to get max protection.

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

boB

Quote from: Halfcrazy on September 15, 2012, 12:24:50 PM
We are working on a 3 phase version. The downside is there will be less protection per phase as we can not fit any more MOV's in the case. I prefer on wind turbines to use 2 of the SPD's to get max protection.

Yes, I believe the 3 phase version will "only" be 75,000 amps rather than 115,000 amps per leg.

Either way, very strong.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Robin

We are in discussions with ETL and UL for evaluating the new 3 phase arrestors. They all want too much money!!! The units are designed and we have limited parts available, but without the listing, we cannot sell them. As far as using the Delta.......go buy a donut,, it will do you more good.
Robin Gudgel

Mr. Underfoot

Okay, here's another thought: how about modular single-line surge suppressors on, say, DIN rail mount - could fit into a Baby Box and assemble 3-phase from three modules....