local app connection was closed error

Started by simpil, October 21, 2012, 09:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpil

I have a CL 150 connected to a netgear 2001 wireless internet adapter about 20 FT away from the belkin f5d7234-4 v3 wireless router.  I am running windows 7.
The local app was fine until I try the config tab then I get "data written to classic" and then "connection was closed" I had a problem getting detection of the device at first so I tried the firmware update to 1070 and then reverted to 1043 when I saw this problem, I didn't roll-back the mngp, I have the internet setting enabled on the classic, I tried with disabled.

boB

You might want to go back to version 1070 and install the jumper called "LOK" (lock) behind the
terminal block.  That jumper should bypass the serial number/password normally required for
the Local App to control the Classic.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

simpil

Ok, I reinstalled the 1070 firmware and the lok jumper. Now I am not crashing!  But, I can't change the settings or enter the unlock code.  If I remove the jumper, add the code it "connection was closed" but not before the data was sent msg appears. I reinstall the jumper, the display is frozen, but the code is in. Now I still cannot change the settings from local app, but I see the lock symbol on screen. I cycled power to cl150 and remove the lok jumper, now I got it.
BTW I am a certified PV installer in southern VT. While I really like these classic products there should be a code compliant way to install a length of conduit to the unit w/o using the 10% of conductor length exemption so that #4 Cu is OK w/ a 100 amp breaker, ie. #3 terminals even better would be aluminum ready 2/0 terminals.
Great product! And now I still have to tackle the internet section.

simpil

working well but msg on mngp is "ocp is off"

simpil

vmm and/or time adj fixed the ocp is off