Local App bugs

Started by Graig, November 01, 2012, 05:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djohnm

So, I'm afraid I'm confused here and perhaps trying to fix something that ain't broke...I did try re-installing the local app, changed dates on the Classic, toggled the MNGP time sync on the Tweaks More #3 on and off...

I was under the impression that Index Line #1 on the offline data should be yesterday's data

Quote from: Halfcrazy on November 18, 2012, 02:38:07 PM
On the Index it is days prior so day 1 would be Yesterday and day 2 would be the day before that.

Ryan

and have been trying to figure out how to get it to display that way, thinking that somewhere along the way I've confused the data logging because Index 1 for me is two days ago (see my post above):

Now, do I understand correctly, boB, that Index Line 1 is, in fact, the day before yesterday and Line #0, which should be yesterday, is yet to be implemented (and may be a while before it is)?

Thanks.

-Dave
2.15 kW (10 Evergreen ES-A-215), Magnum MS4024, Classic 150, 6 Trojan IND29-4V @ 1570AH. Off grid since 1975.

boB

Quote from: djohnm on December 07, 2012, 09:41:07 PM
So, I'm afraid I'm confused here and perhaps trying to fix something that ain't broke...I did try re-installing the local app, changed dates on the Classic, toggled the MNGP time sync on the Tweaks More #3 on and off...

I was under the impression that Index Line #1 on the offline data should be yesterday's data

On the Index it is days prior so day 1 would be Yesterday and day 2 would be the day before that.

Ryan

and have been trying to figure out how to get it to display that way, thinking that somewhere along the way I've confused the data logging because Index 1 for me is two days ago (see my post above):

Now, do I understand correctly, boB, that Index Line 1 is, in fact, the day before yesterday and Line #0, which should be yesterday, is yet to be implemented (and may be a while before it is)?

Thanks.

-Dave

Well, day 1 is ~supposed~ to be yesterday.    0 would be today.

I will look again and see if it is messed up.

Have you looked at the MNGP (if you have one) to see if it gives you yesterday's data and date stamp ?
Remember that sometimes the index in the MNGP is off so look at the date instead but the index will
at least be close.  I don't know why the index gets off but some day we'll get that fixed.  For now the
date works.  The only reason I keep the index in there is so you can get close to how many days back
you want to go.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Quote from: djohnm on December 07, 2012, 09:41:07 PM

Ryan

Thanks.

-Dave

For me with the 0.3.10 Local App the previous day's data shows up in the Offline data at Index 380 and not Index #1. I will check to see what it does with today's data tomorrow. I have the Classic set to Auto restart at Midnight and I believe this is when the data is written to the log (23:59).

On the MNGP 1041 and Classic 1181 firmware I see the previous day in Index 1 & 381. Although I see times when the Daily History by day does not always update the display to show the correct data for the Index. This seems to be pretty repeatable if you fast scroll and then stop on an index. That index data may not show the correct data for that index.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

dgd

Quote from: boB on December 07, 2012, 08:20:37 PM
Quote from: dgd on December 07, 2012, 03:23:29 PM
Excellent new local app  8)   
The wind graph editor is excellent.

Some possible bugs..

Offline data shows input volts in range 80 to 89 volts however input is from strings of 4 by 17.6 volt panels = 60 to 69 volts.
I have never ever seen input above 74 volts. So is this a highest seen for the day or an average? Every entry seems 20 volts too high
looking through logs when MX60 was on these panels the input voltage was never over 73.8v with 99%+ in 64 to 68 volt range.

The first line of offline data is for the day before yesterday, entry index 1, is there an entry index 0 for yesterday?

live data bar graph bat volts input volts and watts, when cursor moved over volts little box shows actual volts then crashes and app has lost Classic. the minimised display says UNKNOWN but ip number is there, RETRYING forever. Other Classics shown as normal.

Like the colour change but change for one Classic effects other Classics, nice if each Classic set to different colour  :)

dgd

Looking into these...

The index 0 missing thing may or may not take a little while though.

boB

Further info..

Wind graph editor is real easy to use, save works and commit works. However if local app is restarted then C150 returns to previous graph.  So commit only seems to last as long as the local app is connected to the Classic.

The offline report's input voltages are not incorrect as I described above. What is happening is that this is the PV no load voltage and is recorded because of that regular spike down to zero watts the Classic insists on doing. Sort of makes the input voltage entries in the offline report rather meaningless.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

djohnm

Quote from: boB on December 08, 2012, 02:29:07 AM
Well, day 1 is ~supposed~ to be yesterday.    0 would be today.

I will look again and see if it is messed up.

Have you looked at the MNGP (if you have one) to see if it gives you yesterday's data and date stamp ?
Remember that sometimes the index in the MNGP is off so look at the date instead but the index will
at least be close.  I don't know why the index gets off but some day we'll get that fixed.  For now the
date works.  The only reason I keep the index in there is so you can get close to how many days back
you want to go.

boB

Thanks, boB. I've been waiting to get back until I thought I had something to report. I did check the MNGP and the dates were wrong, probably due to my updating firmwares and not being diligent about resetting the date (and I think I had also turned off the MNGP sync at one point)? In any case, I got the date set and replaced the button battery while I was at it. The next day, and the next day, the local app software displayed the data as it should in Index #2 and 1, The following day, however, the local app did not record the previous day's data and has been one day off again ever since. Date stamps on the MNGP now read correctly, however.

Quote from: Resthome on December 10, 2012, 10:13:44 PM
For me with the 0.3.10 Local App the previous day's data shows up in the Offline data at Index 380 and not Index #1. I will check to see what it does with today's data tomorrow. I have the Classic set to Auto restart at Midnight and I believe this is when the data is written to the log (23:59).

On the MNGP 1041 and Classic 1181 firmware I see the previous day in Index 1 & 381. Although I see times when the Daily History by day does not always update the display to show the correct data for the Index. This seems to be pretty repeatable if you fast scroll and then stop on an index. That index data may not show the correct data for that index.

And this is what I've found, as well. The local app software is dumping the previous day's data down on line 380, where it stays until the next day when it is bumped up to #1 and #380 is replaced with that day's data, and the four below to line 384 move down with the last line eliminated. So there are always five lines of data at the bottom of the chart, corresponding to the last five days of data, but the previous day's data does not move up to #1 until the next day. Said another way, Lines 1-4 are the same as Lines 381-384; Line 380 moves up to Line 1 the next day, but that's actually by then the data from TWO days previous.

And I wonder what happens when Line 379 moves down to Line 380 a year or so down the road. The past hits the present, the calendar stops and the world ends???  :P

Thanks, boB!

-Dave

My Classic is NOT set to Auto-Restart, by the way.
2.15 kW (10 Evergreen ES-A-215), Magnum MS4024, Classic 150, 6 Trojan IND29-4V @ 1570AH. Off grid since 1975.

boB

Thought you might like to know that we did find a bug in how the Local App and the graphing
in the MNGP reads the logs.   The problem is in the Classic.   This will account for the time/dates
being off in some areas of the 380 days (and 380 points of recent history).  This also accounts
for some values being repeated or shifted to data point 380 and just below.

We have a semi-fix now but there is still a slight error but at least all of the data is bunched
together and in order as it should be.  Hopefully another day or two and we'll have a fix you
can download.

Sorry for the confusion BUT thank you for the insight and help in finding this !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

djohnm

Quote from: boB on December 19, 2012, 09:33:56 PM

Sorry for the confusion BUT thank you for the insight and help in finding this !

boB

Absolutely! You guys don't know (or maybe you do) how much we all appreciate not only the quality of the products you're producing but the caliber of the support you provide. It's really great to purchase a product that the designers continually work continuously on to make sure it's 'just right.' Kudos!

-Dave