Glitch in update

Started by Vern Faulkner, November 18, 2012, 11:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern Faulkner

Just installed the latest update in local status panel. Couple things to note
a) the amp-hours is wonky. Daily total today was something along the lines of 20,000 amp/hours. This for 100 watt-hours in. I think there's a buggered decimal here.

Woop. Now it's -2,340.

No, wait, 19,000 and something.

Also, in the offline data - what's the entry index relating to? Is entry 1 the current full day?

Halfcrazy

The Amp hours is caused by old Classic code that does not have amp hours in it. We will have a new release in a few days that I would recommend doing this should fix the amp hour bug. It was kind of a cart before the horse if you will.

On the Index it is days prior so day 1 would be Yesterday and day 2 would be the day before that.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

offgridQLD

I just had a little window pop up while running the local app.

The message said there was a new update for the local app software and would I like to update.

I clicked yes to update. A second window showing status with blue loading bar popped up . the blue bar went all the way to the end. Then the App just shut down automatically. When reopening the app I am still showing version  0.27

I then tried clicking on the application tab and then selected (About) from the menu . I checked for updates manually update was found but the same thing happens when installing it.

Am I doing something wrong,  what should be happening?

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

offgridQLD

QuoteAm I doing something wrong,  what should be happening?

Never mind the above post . I was able to install the updated software. instead of doing it automatically through the program its self. i tried going directly to the download page and replacing the old software that way and it worked first time. :D

it looks like there have been some welcome improvements (The more data and settings we can see on the local app the better  :).

One thing I notice  now and its a bit of a problem.  When i go into the live or offline data windows after a short while particualy if i play around with the layout in offline data It seams to be triggering the program drop offline a lot :-[  It tries to restart but sits there trying to reconnect and never dose. The only way to fix it is to restart the pc and open the program again and it connects strait away.

Its like some parts of the Data tab( live and offline windows)  part of the software is making the classic crash.  The status panel with the analog gauges runs stable as far as I have tested.

Kurt.

Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: offgridQLD on November 20, 2012, 06:25:31 PM

One thing I notice  now and its a bit of a problem.  When i go into the live or offline data windows after a short while particualy if i play around with the layout in offline data It seams to be triggering the program drop offline a lot :-[  It tries to restart but sits there trying to reconnect and never dose. The only way to fix it is to restart the pc and open the program again and it connects strait away.

Its like some parts of the Data tab( live and offline windows)  part of the software is making the classic crash.  The status panel with the analog gauges runs stable as far as I have tested.

Kurt.

I had the same thing happen to me ( local app coming disconnected when looking at data )  last weekend but haven't tried the newest local app update that came out the other day.
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable