Only see one controller

Started by Rngr275, November 28, 2012, 06:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: toothy on December 13, 2012, 02:44:37 AM
Half and boB

I take your last 2 posts to mean that the 2 of you don't totally agree on if all pairs are used or not.

If you 2 are having issues like this, I can see my chances of a positive execution of said plan going to smoke and tears for sure.

I can try for another wire when this place thaws out in May. Seeing one controller from the house is great.

Thanks
Wade

Just go wireless for your Ethernet.  No wires necessary and as many Classics as you want.
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Quote from: boB on December 13, 2012, 02:58:40 AM
Quote from: toothy on December 13, 2012, 02:44:37 AM
Half and boB

I take your last 2 posts to mean that the 2 of you don't totally agree on if all pairs are used or not.

If you 2 are having issues like this, I can see my chances of a positive execution of said plan going to smoke and tears for sure.

I can try for another wire when this place thaws out in May. Seeing one controller from the house is great.

Thanks
Wade

Just go wireless for your Ethernet.  No wires necessary and as many Classics as you want.
boB

I would go wireless but if you already have one cat5 out to the area a simple ethernet hub / switch will do the job. Just connect the hub to your current cable and any Classics to the hub / switch.  Cheap 4 port hubs are less than $10 delivered from Amazon.

More than one way to defur a feline.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

toothy

Thanks Tom

I am a bit technically challenged.

I'm ok with wires, hammers, saws and skinning knives but gadgets get the best of me, it takes me years to get to know what they are all called and what they do.

Thanks again
Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Halfcrazy

Toothy
Here is a link to a switch http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-TE100-S5-Ethernet-100Mbps-Auto-MDIX/dp/B000M2TAN4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1355436683&sr=8-3&keywords=4+port+switch

Basically this one above is just for reference they all pretty much work the same. Simply plug the one cat5 cable from the router into it and then plug each classic into it. The best way to think of the Hub/Switch is a traffic cop to control the flow of data so it does not crash into each other where all the devices merge into one cable.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

toothy

Thanks again guys

I installed the ethernet switch and now can watch wind and solar production from my chair in the house.

Thanks
Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

TomW

Quote from: toothy on December 20, 2012, 01:53:25 AM
Thanks again guys

I installed the ethernet switch and now can watch wind and solar production from my chair in the house.

Thanks
Wade

Wade;

It sure is nice to be able to spy on them.  :o ;D

Glad it worked for you.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies