I am having a stranfe behaviour with my Classic 150

Twice now during the day the unit just reset anx shows 0 righf after

I loose all data of thd day

removed auto reset no change

any idea
Alain

boB

Alain,

Did you see the Classic when it did this ??   Did you notice if the display (MNGP, Remote) reset like
you had turned the power off and back on again ??   You would see the Midnite Solar logo (moon)
appear on the screen when it did this.

Was it the kW-Hours that was zero ??   Or did you see the voltage display go to zero ?

Thank you !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wxboy

Mine did this the other day too but it's only happened once.  I was pushing buttons around the time it happened but I wasn't in the logs where you can manually reset the daily data so I have no idea how it happened.  Mine did not restart, it just cleared the kW-hrs for the day. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

boB

Quote from: Wxboy on February 27, 2013, 12:55:09 PM
Mine did this the other day too but it's only happened once.  I was pushing buttons around the time it happened but I wasn't in the logs where you can manually reset the daily data so I have no idea how it happened.  Mine did not restart, it just cleared the kW-hrs for the day.

There is a way, from the daily logs main menu, to reset the daily logs and this will also clear the kW-Hours on the
main status screen...  Maybe you hit that button combination.

How you do this is to hold down the Left-arrow key and while holding it down, you press the ENTER key for
a moment until the display says "NEW DAY" I think it is...  Now, you might do this and not see the New Day
message come up if you're not expecting it and it just happens to do this.

Maybe that's what happened ??   Maybe I need to make it a little bit harder to do this ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wxboy

boB, I was trying to say that I was not in the logs menu when it happened.  I do reset the daily data there on a regular basis before I shut the Classic off at night but in this case I was not in the logs menu so I couldn't figure out how the data was reset.   Again it only happened once so I wasn't going to mention it but since someone else brought it up first I thought I would chime in.

I don't think anyone could accidentally do that so I wouldn't worry about changing the process of resetting the daily log.   
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

SolarVet

My Classic just did the same thing reset just for heck of it. I am using the actual released code 1181 . But using the Beta version of the App/  Air 3.17/
When it reset all lights were blinking and having fun, It cleared all Kw and Ahrs for the day .
This has happened 3 times now. Different days. I just thought it was a fluke. But now who knows.

boB

Quote from: SolarVet on March 01, 2013, 01:40:15 PM
My Classic just did the same thing reset just for heck of it. I am using the actual released code 1181 . But using the Beta version of the App/  Air 3.17/
When it reset all lights were blinking and having fun, It cleared all Kw and Ahrs for the day .
This has happened 3 times now. Different days. I just thought it was a fluke. But now who knows.

I wonder if you might have auto-reset turned on in this week's menu?

If that is turned on and your clock is wrong also, you would see it reset during the day.  But the kilowatt hours would be added to the lifetime kilowatt hours even know they cleared on the main status screen.

It's worth checking out anyway.
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vern Faulkner

FWIW, I had the reset taking place at some ungodly hour of the morning. Went to let the cat out or stoke the fire somewhere around 4:30, 5:30 a.m., and the thing just about scared the life outta me.

I've since turned the reset off... Since the reason was to allow it to chat with the local app now and then, but changes to both have fixed the drop-out issue.

aroxburgh

I have also had the kWh reset. The kWh readout on my Classic 150 (S/No. CL03940) reset itself about 2 or 3 hours into today's sunlight, after updating the firmware last night (MNGP 1042 12/1/2012; Classic 1181 12/1/2012). KWh had reach 0.3 when this occurred, and since then started increasing again, currently at 0.5 kWh.

Relevant points:
* I was not operating buttons on the MNGP at the time.
* This never happened on my old firmware (MNGP 1056 6/29/2012; Classic 1070 8/13/2012), over three months of trouble-free operation.
* The main reason for last night's update was to get the PC Solar Status Panel working (it could not connect previously).
* This morning prior to sun-up I enabled A-RST (Auto-Reset).
* The date and time in my MNGP is only 1 minute slow at 15:36 hours. The kWh glitch occurred at about  12:00 (noon), according to the log. This could indicate that some part of the A-RST is broken; perhaps it is applying a 12-hour offset?

I have disabled A-RST as a precaution...I'd rather have an accurate kWh log and sometimes have to restart the system, than to have this behavior.
Surveyor SV-235 travel trailer with 1.2 kW PV (6 x Grape Solar GS-3-195, Unirac Solarmount); MidNite Classic 150, MNBCM; 410 Ah @ 12 V (two Trojan L16RE-B); Magnum MS2812 2800 W pure sine inverter, ME-ARC50, BMK; Magnite E-Panel; power transfer cam switch; Dometic 459530 High Effiency Aircon

dgd

I saw these issues and more with firmware 1181
Upgraded to beta 1341 and now all is good, so far   :)

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

aroxburgh

dgd wrote:
QuoteI saw these issues and more with firmware 1181
Upgraded to beta 1341 and now all is good, so far   

A kWh reset just happened again to my recently updated Classic 150, at 17:52 hrs.  :(  Well, there goes the 12-hour offset theory out the window...

I observed the following:

1) PC Solar Status Panel disconnected and showed the Connection Closed dialog box (clicking OK brought the Panel back)

2) Prior to the 2nd kWh reset of the day, the reading was approx. 0.7 kWh

3) The Classic 150 fan did the startup burst, however I did not see the MNGP screen until after the fan (it was the fan burst that alerted me).

I think I'll move on to the 1341 beta.
Surveyor SV-235 travel trailer with 1.2 kW PV (6 x Grape Solar GS-3-195, Unirac Solarmount); MidNite Classic 150, MNBCM; 410 Ah @ 12 V (two Trojan L16RE-B); Magnum MS2812 2800 W pure sine inverter, ME-ARC50, BMK; Magnite E-Panel; power transfer cam switch; Dometic 459530 High Effiency Aircon

boB

Make sure that the Clock is set in the MNGP of course.  Also, in the TWEAKS
menu, the 3rd or 4th screen up is one called "TimeSync"  Make sure that is
set to ON.  It should come up as ON after doing a Vulcan Mind Meld re-initialization.

The kW-Hours will automatically be added to the Lifetime kW-Hours and then reset
at 23:59 just before midnight.  If it thinks it is 23:59, it will do this then.

If for some weird reason there is a time sync problem, you can read the
Classic's internal clock/calendar by going to the MNGP TIME set menu and
the holding down the LEFT arrow key and tapping the SOFT-right key.

The MNGP sends time and date to the Classic control board once per minute or so.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

boB

OK, so there have been a few random-like resetting Classics.

I would like to find out of it is the entire Classic resetting ?  Or, is it just the kW-hour
resetting like happens at 23:59  at midnight ?

What versions of Classic firmware are you guys seeing this on ?  Are you seeing it just
on the latest beta software ?  Or 12-1-2012 version also ?

This is evidently not an epidemic but more than 2 or 3 is enough to be somewhat worrisome.

Any information to help narrow things down would be most helpful !

Thanks everybody !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Quote from: boB on April 18, 2013, 02:54:48 PM

I would like to find out of it is the entire Classic resetting ?  Or, is it just the kW-hour

What versions of Classic firmware are you guys seeing this on ?  Are you seeing it just

This is evidently not an epidemic but more than 2 or 3 is enough to be somewhat worrisome.

Thanks everybody !

boB

Ok, boB, which firmware version would you like me to "downgrade" to? I currently have 1370 04-08-2012 on it and, as you know see these resets.

I have these on my hard drive:

Classic_ALL_Gen4-150V_12-1-2012.ctl
Classic_ALL_1370-150V_4-8-2013.ctl
Classic_ALL_Gen4-150V_11-28-2012.ctl

I can do it no problem. Not much power coming in lately anyway. (no sun).

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

Quote from: TomW on April 18, 2013, 03:42:59 PM
Quote from: boB on April 18, 2013, 02:54:48 PM

Thanks everybody !

boB

Ok, boB, which firmware version would you like me to "downgrade" to? I currently have 1370 04-08-2012 on it and, as you know see these resets.

I have these on my hard drive:

Classic_ALL_Gen4-150V_12-1-2012.ctl
Classic_ALL_1370-150V_4-8-2013.ctl
Classic_ALL_Gen4-150V_11-28-2012.ctl

I can do it no problem. Not much power coming in lately anyway. (no sun).

Tom

I looked at your "record" on my android while at lunch and it was behaving itself then....  It wasn't before though as Ryan
pointed out to me.

Have all of those revisions done this ?   Or is that one 1370  (4-8-2013)  the only one so far  that you have seen do this ??

I know you don't have a lot of sun right now so maybe you should wait until you have some more sun ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me