local app connection issue

Started by offgridQLD, December 30, 2012, 07:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

What I do is use my Cell phone as a wifi hot spot and connect to it with my laptop instead of the Wireless router. This way I am going out into the WWW and coming back. Unfortunately the only way to test port forwarding and DynDNS is from another internet connection, not the one the Classic is on.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 01, 2013, 10:26:47 AM
What I do is use my Cell phone as a wifi hot spot and connect to it with my laptop instead of the Wireless router. This way I am going out into the WWW and coming back. Unfortunately the only way to test port forwarding and DynDNS is from another internet connection, not the one the Classic is on.

Ryan

One easy way to achieve this is to use a USB 3G stick in a laptop. Disable the local wifi connection in the laptop (usually a little slide switch). The laptop then connects to Internet via the telco whose 3G stick you are using then back into your Classic via your ISP connection.
Or even better make friends with a neighbour whose wifi your computer can detect  :)
Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

boB

Quote from: dgd on January 01, 2013, 12:43:48 PM
Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 01, 2013, 10:26:47 AM

Ryan

Or even better make friends with a neighbour whose wifi your computer can detect  :)
Dgd

That's what I prefer !

Happy new year !
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me