The "LCD screen" of the Kid gone wild

Started by psp300639, March 02, 2015, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psp300639

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 13, 2015, 11:31:07 AM
Please check the PV voltage with a voltmeter and compare that to the display of the KID. Do they agree 100%??

Mario is saying this is a calibration issue not a code issue but he is working on some stuff in code to make this problem go away without calibrating the Kid I think

Attached is the procedure for calibrating. MAKE SURE MODE IS OFF!

Ryan

Currently using Google "Chrome" software cannot download the pdf file using that medium, I change to "Safari" software I was able to download the pdf file. It's not compatible with chrome, anyway I got the pdf file.

Thanks Ryan

psp300639

Hi Ryan

Here's the kid in resting mode.

Westbranch

PSP, I use Firefox on my EeePC  and it works well with my Classics, no hickups or   ??? when you do an update or other MN apps
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Mtn Don

Quote from: psp300639 on March 13, 2015, 06:58:35 PM
Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 13, 2015, 11:31:07 AM
Please check the PV voltage with a voltmeter and compare that to the display of the KID. Do they agree 100%??

Mario is saying this is a calibration issue not a code issue but he is working on some stuff in code to make this problem go away without calibrating the Kid I think

Attached is the procedure for calibrating. MAKE SURE MODE IS OFF!

Ryan

Currently using Google "Chrome" software cannot download the pdf file using that medium, I change to "Safari" software I was able to download the pdf file. It's not compatible with chrome, anyway that got the file.

Thanks Ryan

I use Chrome on a Win8.1 machine and just for the heck of it I downloaded the file. Got it fine. It opens.

Northern NM, 624 watts PV, Kid CC, 24 volt GC-2 battery bank, VFX 3524M inverter/charger

psp300639

Hi Ryan

Here's the reading using the "SANWA" CD800 Digital Multimeter.
Refer to photo attached.

psp300639

Quote from: Westbranch on March 13, 2015, 07:04:06 PM
PSP, I use Firefox on my EeePC  and it works well with my Classics, no hickups or   ??? when you do an update or other MN apps

Hi Westbranch

I'm currently using iPhone iOS 8.20 latest version and safari software, I got the file downloaded using safari. Unfortunately no access to laptops and PCs.

psp300639

Hi Ryan

I got the file how to calibrate the Kid, tried the procedure outline therein, the kid reported its readings 12.6v while the digital meter shows 12.63v, likewise my other monitoring device the Trimetric TM2030RV shows the same readings of 12.6v,  I guess the difference is negligible. As of this moment the kid in normal charging "absorption stage" with time settings of 120 minutes. The whizbang Jr working is properly.   

psp300639

Hi Ryan

I forgot to post the calibration of the PV side of the kid as you requested, anyway here's the photo of the voltage readings registered in the LCD screen for your reference.

psp300639

Hi Ryan

I forgot to post the calibration of the PV side of the kid as you requested, anyway here's the photo of the voltage readings registered in the CD800 Digital Multimeter LCD screen for your reference.

Halfcrazy

So I see You have it 1.1v offset was that done during this calibration?
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

psp300639

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 14, 2015, 04:50:55 AM
So I see You have it 1.1v offset was that done during this calibration?

Hi Ryan,

Yes I got the readings from the input side of the PV Terminal Block of the Kid using "SANWA" CD800 Digital Multimeter. The calibration has been made to properly match the LCD Screen output readings of the Kid vs the PV side. The calibration was done around 9:00am were the energy of the sun is not yet at its peak but I guess it serve its purpose. Likewise the Battery input side was also calibrated at the Terminal Block of the Kid using the same digital Meter, but there's a .03v difference which I believe is negligible. Refer to photo attached for reference.(Battery input side only for Calibration).

psp300639

Hi Ryan

Refer to the photo attached below for reference. Those two brown wires at the right most side of the kid Terminal Block is the PV input side, that's were I took the readings of the PV voltage side vs the LCD screen of kid to properly calibrate its input voltage. I hope the procedure I have done is the correct one or is it not? Any comment?

psp300639

The CD800 Digital Multimeter I used to calibrate the PV and BATTERY.

Halfcrazy

That should be it, Turn the mode off then make the Kid read the same as the meter. Lets see what it does?
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

psp300639

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 14, 2015, 07:00:34 PM
That should be it, Turn the mode off then make the Kid read the same as the meter. Lets see what it does?

Hi Ryan

The Kid is in the EQ cycle process as of this moment no overcast shadows perfect, the weather is cooperating quite well, the LCD Screen displayed "EQUALIZE" no transition whatsoever to "EQ MPPT", I'll check again the calibration after the EQ Cycle has ended. I'll keep posted for updates.