Local App software

Started by Halfcrazy, September 22, 2011, 06:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

Quote from: Lya72 on February 25, 2013, 06:09:20 PM

4°) Is it possible to connect a Raspberry PI on the USB port and a PC via Ethernet and have the two simultaneously requesting Modbus datas ?

That's all for today   :P

Yann

Yann;

I am logging data from 2 Classics from USB on one Pi with a couple perl scripts. You can export the log file many ways, NFS, http, ftp, etc. I would use a USB thumb drive or stick to record the files to because the root file system will fill up fast on the SDHC card otherwise.

Not sure about 2 devices reading the same USB stream from the same Classic, however.

Just gather the data on the Pi and share it out from there to other computers.

In my method you do not "request" modbus data from thte Classic, you simply monitor the continuous stream of data it spits out when you set the comm tab to dump data to USB

More than one way to defur a feline!

Good luck with it.

I do use the Local App at the same time I harvest the USB data stream.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

dgd

Quote from: TomW on February 25, 2013, 06:46:30 PM

I am logging data from 2 Classics from USB on one Pi with a couple perl scripts. You can export the log file many ways, NFS, http, ftp, etc. I would use a USB thumb drive or stick to record the files to because the root file system will fill up fast on the SDHC card otherwise.

I do the same except I also installed a lightweight web server on my pi.   I can web into it and using a few simple html pages, show what is happening with both Classics.
I was using BOA server but am now moving to monkey or more likely lighttpd

see  http://www.penguintutor.com/linux/light-webserver

Can't wait to get a Clipper and get a cpu into it with some shunts and sensors..
I'm still thinking about Pi'ing the 500A shunt via a/d into another pi for BM for LifeYPO4 cells - and of course reporting to the webserver pi

dgd

Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

TomW

Quote from: dgd on February 25, 2013, 10:55:46 PM

Can't wait to get a Clipper and get a cpu into it with some shunts and sensors..
I'm still thinking about Pi'ing the 500A shunt via a/d into another pi for BM for LifeYPO4 cells - and of course reporting to the webserver pi

dgd

dgd;

Have you see the CAI Networks Webcontrol boards?

Built in ethernet, A/D, 1 wire temperature probe bus, Honeywell Humidity sensor support, counter and frequency input,  as well as digital I/O programmable logic controller. Another project(s) I have going. Monitoring  temps, driving my small soalar array  tracker, running lights in my hen house. Can also interface to X10 stuff. They were like $35 when I got mine. There is a handy little break out board for them, too.

I have way too many irons in the fire.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

dgd

Tom,

Im looking at the CAI Networks stuff, they look like stand alone network processors with interesting sensor inputs.
I have been buying various pi and arduino interface cards from low cost ebay sellers. Most seem to originate from China but cost just a few $ with free postage.  The current sensors with digital serial output are excellent, pwm generators too that could drive SSRs etc..

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Lya72

OK, Thanks for this fourth question, well responded.

Any idea for the others ? :

LocalApp questions :

1°) Where are stored the LocalApp Logs Data on the hard Drive ?
Is it possible to configure this location on a specific disk ?

2°) Is it possible to concatenate Logs datas from differents Computers ?

3°) When the LocalApp is started and no Classic is selected, is the LocalApp already logging all the Classic's viewed ?
The idea is to automatically wake-up a computer from sleep mode on the first hours of the morning to start logging without being present.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

TomW

Yann;

Sorry, not sure on the other other 2 questions. However, to concatenate files should simply be a copy / paste operation. or a "cat file.1>>file.2" in a *nix environment.

My guess is the local app keeps data as it sits waiting for you to select a Classic to view. But I really never checked or wondered about it.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

Quote from: Lya72 on February 26, 2013, 12:44:38 AM
OK, Thanks for this fourth question, well responded.

Any idea for the others ? :

LocalApp questions :

1°) Where are stored the LocalApp Logs Data on the hard Drive ?
Is it possible to configure this location on a specific disk ?

2°) Is it possible to concatenate Logs datas from differents Computers ?

3°) When the LocalApp is started and no Classic is selected, is the LocalApp already logging all the Classic's viewed ?
The idea is to automatically wake-up a computer from sleep mode on the first hours of the morning to start logging without being present.

Yann

On 1 the data files all live in /Users/<username>/appData/com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel

On 2 Combining data will probably result in some strange behavior. Andrew says in theory it could be done but would probably be tough

On 3 yes the App is logging anytime it is open Minimized view or not.

Ryan

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Lya72

QuoteOn 3, yes the App is logging anytime it is open Minimized view or not.

Even, being on the first screen whithout a Classic selected ? 

So, if you have three Classic's, just by starting the LocalApp, all three are logged ?

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

they have to bee seen as the little green dot in the minimized view

Ryan

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 26, 2013, 11:07:55 AM

On 1 the data files all live in /Users/<username>/appData/com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel

Ryan

Ryan;

Not to pick nits but..
Do the data files live in /Users/<username>/.appData/com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel?

That dot before "appData" hides it from the common "ls" command in *nix unless you use "ls -a".
Probably a "hidden" file in M$, too? They are not human readable files, either.  ;D

On my Ubuntu system they are in: /home/tomw/.appdata/com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel

Just for clarity.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

Tom
Good question? I assume you are correct but have posed this to Andrew and will report back

Ryan

Halfcrazy

Here is what Andrew had to say about the DOT in front of App Data

No.
If you are navigating windows remotely with a Linux machine, maybe, but no, there is no dot before appData if you are navigating windows using windows as long as you turn off file hiding.

sunstroke

Ryan,
Just tried to load the new version of Local App and got the attached message.  Firefox on a Mac. Thoughts?

boB

Quote from: sunstroke on June 08, 2013, 05:39:13 PM
Ryan,
Just tried to load the new version of Local App and got the attached message.  Firefox on a Mac. Thoughts?

You may have to uninstall the previous version first if it is on your Mac.  This is not always the
case but does show up some times.

Do you have Adobe AIR installed on your Mac ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

stuman

I have entered the serial number as the unlock code, but additional config options are still grayed out.  Is there a secret to unlocking those features other than entering the serial number?

Running latest app on xp machine with midnite 150.  3.6 kw of panels, twin golf cart batteries for storage and a magnasine 4448 inverter as well.  I would love to be able to modify some of the more esoteric features of this controller from my computer.
Midnite Classic 150, Talesun 240 watt X 15 = 3.6kw.  232 ah 6  volt golf cart batteries x 16 = 464 ah @ 48 volt. MagnaSine 4448 inverter.  Grid connected (as opposed to tied...grid is my backup, but I don't ever feed it).