Local App software

Started by Halfcrazy, September 22, 2011, 06:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

As for the smart phone running the local app, it just requires a re-compile of the local app to make that work, at least on an Android.
That will also be a direct connection to the Classic ~OR~ the cloud server...  Whichever is doable for the customer.  If the customer
has a hard time port forwarding, then they can use the slower cloud which can work OK but not nearly as fast as the direct
connection (which I prefer).

We'll get your immediate concerns fixed first though.

Thanks and sorry for the hangups !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

atop8918

Hi, everyone,
It looks like what you guys are experiencing is the App trying to process a lot of logged data. There is tons of it and while I tested it with REALLY BIG data sets it is possible that with extended data logging it gets bogged down. I'm going to have to fix this one and get a fix up for you guys.

Sorry about that!

boB

Quote from: atop8918 on November 10, 2011, 05:46:43 PM
Hi, everyone,
It looks like what you guys are experiencing is the App trying to process a lot of logged data. There is tons of it and while I tested it with REALLY BIG data sets it is possible that with extended data logging it gets bogged down. I'm going to have to fix this one and get a fix up for you guys.

Sorry about that!

I think that a temporary work around for this may be to DISABLE data logging in the Configure/Classic menu.

In fact, give that a try and see if it stays up longer ??

Thanks,
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Tinman

No sweat here (speaking for myself), I know you folks are on it. For me the application is icing on the cake. The Classic is wringing power out of the panels.  ;)

BTW, using Warpia's Ultra Wireless USB the ability to send the applications display to larger format panel display is nice and works very well. Sending it over allows a simple botton push to change modes and display the Classic's info.

A pic of my growing info center. Midnight's stuff is a perfect fit in the space provided.

[attachment deleted by admin]

dapdan

Nice Tinman, I like.

Cheers...
Damani

Tinman

Quote from: atop8918 on November 10, 2011, 05:46:43 PM
Hi, everyone,

Sorry about that!

Just happen to re-read that. Not sure what extended data logging means but my Classic has been up only about 10 days or so. The benhavior gets progressively worse as I tried starting/stopping the application, closing it after rest and now it rarely syncs up without a reboot of the Classic. I can get a few hours out of it but noticed that on days with clouds the time is shorter that the app doesn't freeze.

Freezes are usually corrected with a close and restart of the application after 5 minutes or so, sometimes less. Failures to sync always require a reboot of the classic. Hope that info help track down the culprit.

boB

Quote from: Tinman on November 13, 2011, 11:00:26 AM

Freezes are usually corrected with a close and restart of the application after 5 minutes or so, sometimes less. Failures to sync always require a reboot of the classic. Hope that info help track down the culprit.

Interesting observation.  Might just help...

Thanks !
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Tinman

Can't connect via Local App at all now. Get error 2002 frequently. Even reboots of the Classic no longer do much to help so I'll leave it be. I might try a complete uninstall and reinstall of the local app. Since the last time I did that all the data was wiped I'll see if a connection comes back. Not sure, guessing on this but I do know it is application related and at this point not my network (everything else works).

boB

Quote from: Tinman on November 14, 2011, 10:49:21 PM
Can't connect via Local App at all now. Get error 2002 frequently. Even reboots of the Classic no longer do much to help so I'll leave it be. I might try a complete uninstall and reinstall of the local app. Since the last time I did that all the data was wiped I'll see if a connection comes back. Not sure, guessing on this but I do know it is application related and at this point not my network (everything else works).

A complete un-install may include deleting the directory   ( this is in my Documents and Settings)....

C:\Documents and Settings\boB\Application Data\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\Local Store

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dapdan

All,

Since I unchecked the "enable data logging" things seem to running smoother with less drop out and disconnecting. I have been able to consistently open the app and connect to all three of my classic "knock on wood".

Cheers...
Damani

Tinman

I believe the issue with the local app and logging is related to latency as the application aquires data from the controller. Just my seat of the pants testing indicates that if the application requests data and it can't get it immediately the application hangs.

You can probably replicate this by running updates to graph parameters and watching data requests.

Perhaps running the data transfer requests as a service?

I've been wrong before and this is as good a time for another example.

tinastin

Finally got my Midnite Classic connected to my network. I'm installing SP1 on my windows 7. Hoping that will get the local app working.
My main computer is running Ubuntu 11.10. I can not install the Local App. The Adobe Air installer will not work. Is there anyway to install with out using Adobe Air?

Halfcrazy

As far as I know the Local App requires Adobe AIR. Andrew will chime in I am sure or you can PM him he is Atop8918 here on the forum he should be able to help with AIR.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Treetop

Hi, I am new to Midnite and just got the local app running on W7sp1 (using port 3900 as mentioned in an earlier post).
Very nice to have connectivity but wondering where is the history logged?  Does it only store history while the application is running?

Will the web service have continuous history?
Thanks,
Al

boB

Quote from: Treetop on November 28, 2011, 04:40:05 PM
Hi, I am new to Midnite and just got the local app running on W7sp1 (using port 3900 as mentioned in an earlier post).
Very nice to have connectivity but wondering where is the history logged?  Does it only store history while the application is running?

Will the web service have continuous history?
Thanks,
Al

The local app logs while you are connected to the Classic.   The Classic logs all the time it is running and our Local App
software guru is working now to be able to access that logging information through the app you are running through
the Ethernet.  Not sure exactly of when this will be done but I know he's working feverishly to get it going.

We'll definitely keep you all posted.

Thanks !
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me