Local App software

Started by Halfcrazy, September 22, 2011, 06:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern Faulkner

Two days ago, I installed the local app, plugged the 150 classic into the router and bingo: had data.

Now it doesn't read the classic at all. I've checked cables, rebooted the router, tried loading the program anew onto the Xp side of my XP/Ubuntu dual-boot laptop, tried using static rather than DCHP: nottin'

The ONLY thing I did was on the main computer (Vista machine), was change the name of the 150. However, that "took" and ran without an issue for 20 minutes, until I shut the 'pooter down and went to bed.

Next morning: nada.

Also, I have had ZERO success using the given instructions for installing the USB driver. (So no, I can't upgrade firmware, because I can't connect the classic to the computer by USB.)

Halfcrazy

Vern
Try rebooting the Classic, we have a known bug that causes this to happen.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: Halfcrazy on October 24, 2012, 06:37:28 PM
Vern
Try rebooting the Classic, we have a known bug that causes this to happen.

Ryan

Doesn't stay working for long - I'm loathe to reboot the classic every 12 hours. Does a firmware upgrade fix this? I've got something six months outta date (at the office, can't recall what I have accurately.)

Halfcrazy

As of now the bug is still there. Andrew is working feverishly to fix this and may have already. I will talk to him today and see how it is going.

Ryan

Tritium

My Midnite Solar Status Panel Data tab is reporting Lifetime Values of 12.1Kwh which is about correct for the little over 3+ days since install but it is reporting Ah of 3,284,197.2 which seems just a bit high  :o

Thurmond

TomW

Quote from: Tritium on November 24, 2012, 01:50:52 AM
My Midnite Solar Status Panel Data tab is reporting Lifetime Values of 12.1Kwh which is about correct for the little over 3+ days since install but it is reporting Ah of 3,284,197.2 which seems just a bit high  :o

Thurmond

Thurmond;

My  Amp Hours says 429,494,369.8 which is kind of insanely high.

And here is a screen shot:

This was going on before I upgraded it last night so not "new".

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Tritium

Hi Tom,  Yes that is what is happening to mine. The Ah on the daily values Increments about 1000 amp hours per click of the float time clock to about 32,000 Ah then goes -32,000 and begins to count up again. ??? I did a power up reset of the Classic last night and today the Lifetime Values Ah reads 843.6 which seems about correct. The daily Ah remain very strange.

Thurmond

boB

Since the Classic did not have a properly working Amp-Hour function early on, (it does now),
some older Classics may show very large life-time amp-hour values.

I think we better make a way to reset that !  OK, coming up soon then !

bob
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Quote from: boB on November 24, 2012, 04:43:13 PM

Since the Classic did not have a properly working Amp-Hour function early on, (it does now),
some older Classics may show very large life-time amp-hour values.

I think we better make a way to reset that !  OK, coming up soon then !

bob

Figured it was something of the sort.

Hind sight is 20/20 they say.

Sorry to pick apart your work but I figure you want to know about "issues"

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Tritium

I only received my unit from Arizona Wind and Sun Last week and presumably it was new. Is it New old stock then?

Thurmond

TomW

Quote from: Tritium on November 24, 2012, 07:57:31 PM
I only received my unit from Arizona Wind and Sun Last week and presumably it was new. Is it New old stock then?

Thurmond

Thurmond;

If you look at the serial number and pass it on they probably can tell exactly when it was built and maybe even by who?  ;D

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tritium

Classic 150V (rev 4)
Serial #  CL04253
Firmware:
Classic Rev: 1070
Network Rev: 1024

Thurmond

boB

Quote from: Tritium on November 24, 2012, 11:27:08 PM
Classic 150V (rev 4)
Serial #  CL04253
Firmware:
Classic Rev: 1070
Network Rev: 1024

Thurmond

Hmmm...  That is a pretty new Classic.  I'm pretty sure that it (rev 1070) is good to go on the Amp-Hours so
should not have large A-hour values.   You should be able to see daily amp-hours on the MNGP (LCD)
screen.  Just press the STATUS button and it will roll over to a status screen where kW-hours changes
to amp-hours, and of course, other status screens.

So, let's see if it is the Classic itself or the  Local App status panel reading the wrong register maybe.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

Amp hours is not functional in the production code as of yet I do not believe? Try clicking the Status buton once and see if KWH changes to Amp Hours on the MNGP

Ryan

dbcollen

Quote from: TomW on November 24, 2012, 11:53:56 AM

My  Amp Hours says 429,494,369.8 which is kind of insanely high.

Tom

Tom,

My amp hours yesterday showed almost the exact number as yours, this morning it says KWH 2534.1 and AH 6559.3