News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

RS232 data

Started by rayclark, January 06, 2020, 06:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNG

Ok so would you agree that the battery is 24.8v and the PV is 26.3v

As for wattage I will have to look into that. What do you think the kid was doing for watts at the time of that stamp?

And yes 6 will be no good with no BTS, 8&9 also will be default with no WBjr

As for 10 I am trying to get a list of these now

rayclark

Our network switch says we are drawing on average 1.3 amps at 27.2 volts so I would expect around 35.36 watts.

Nomad1

@rayclark
I'd suggest you to look at my previous repository containing some data decoding attempts:
https://github.com/Nomad1/KIDStats

P.S. Note that there is firmware version lurking somewhere that contains complete garbage instead of data. I don't remember it's number, it could be 1863 or something alike.
Programmer

Crashflow

Any more info on this? I'm preparing to do the same - get data out of the Kid.

harryn

Some of my customers would like to have this data available to look at on their tablets or phones.

Usually I use a controller that broadcast it via WiFi and it looks like a web page.

Some controllers use phone applications - not excited about those but understand why.

Is there an easy way to buy / connect - get this working wirelessly?

It is for a nominal 48 volt / LiFe based system.

Thanks

HarryN

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: harryn on February 22, 2023, 02:45:48 PMSome of my customers would like to have this data available to look at on their tablets or phones.

Usually I use a controller that broadcast it via WiFi and it looks like a web page.

Some controllers use phone applications - not excited about those but understand why.

Is there an easy way to buy / connect - get this working wirelessly?

It is for a nominal 48 volt / LiFe based system.

Thanks

HarryN

For the Kid there is no easy way to get the data from it like you are asking about.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

harryn

Thank you.

Any of the other models capable of this - or via an add on device?

For instance in this thread, the OP was working on a way to retrieve the data - so I assume that it could be available from there.

ClassicCrazy

yes there is or was a way to get the data out of the kid, though if I remember correctly one of the firmware updates broke the data out. It may have been fixed but I haven't messed with it. You only get some basic data out like volts, amps , etc . There are details on the forums here how to make serial connections to it .
I guess you could program a an esp32 to get the data and make it into mqtt , which then could be read by other programs . A programmer could get the esp32 to serve up a webpage with the data too. First thing to do would be to connect up serial and use terminal program on computer to verify that the data output is there.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable