Power Curve for i2000 turbine on a classic 250

Started by ForeverHomestead, December 22, 2022, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverHomestead

I have just installed a instabreeze i2000 48v turbine on a 60 foot tower.  I have a classic 250 connected a Missouri Wind and Solar Voltage Reduction Device (Clipper) to my outback inverter.

I am looking to set up the power curve and really don't know where to start. I have the performance chart from the website for the turbine but I am not sure how to turn that into the curve for the classic 250.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be very helpful.

boB

The chart in your PDF shows its power vs. wind speed of course.

The wind speed is what should turn into a Classic input voltage but I am pretty sure that curve is based on the output voltage of the turbine connected to the battery and basically stays there at all wind speeds.  Battery voltage will go up slightly but not much.

Have you tried starting a wind curve default in the Classic's MNGP curves ?  Some 48V wind turbine of comparable size ?

I would start from there.   The tweaking of the curve will normally be done at the mid to higher wind speeds where you might start seeing some advantages.   For instance, that fast drop off of the power curve in the PDF might extend up some instead of dropping so fast.

Lettuce know if you get some default working somewhat.  Hopefully you have some decent wind around now.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me