News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Might buy a Rosie, but...

Started by schroew, March 16, 2023, 12:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schroew

I am looking at a Rosie inverter but, I have some up front questions. I currently have a MS4024 inverter AGS-N gen auto start on a EcoGen 15Kw generator in an OFF GRID setup.
1: Can the Rosie support the AGS-N device for gen auto start or is there a different method.I see it supports 2 wire start generators and the EcoGen is a two wire start that sends a small voltage back in a third wire to sense generator run state.

1A: Does the documentation describe in detail how to connect the two wire start generator?

2: When I manually start the generator to charge batteries will Rosie be able to recognize AC in and take over charging?

3: How do I manage this device? I don't see a display like I have with my Classics.I see CANBUS like the classics, is this documented?

4: Now for the hard question, Is it in stock anywhere?

5: Any issues using Lifepro EG4 48V batteries in a rack. I have 6..

qrper

Download the manual would be a good start.

Also, you have a MS4024 which I assume is a 24V inverter.
Rosie is 48V dc only.
You will need the MNGP2 to talk to Rosie.
Check Northern Arizona wind and sun. They've changed their name, but google should find them using the Northern Arizona tag.

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

schroew

I have the manual and I poorly phrased the question. Is there documentation on how to connect the auto start and run sense wiring to the Rosie. The magnum tied it back via serial connection and I didn't see any thing related in the full color guide.
 Yep- I know its 48V I have the EG4 batteries I just need to find an inverter!!
Thx for the response!

Highflyer

Schroew,
I will let Midnite answer the tech questions.  I am using six EG4 LiFePo4 batteries and Rosie runs well up to the 7000 watt limit.  I have pulled 7000 watts several times and have run 4000 watt loads for hours testing.
Rosie is solid.  I do know the manual shows where to connect the AGS wiring.

Hope this helps.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

schroew

I will look at the manual again for the AGS. I did see where to connect the AC from the generator..

qrper

I'm sure, not 100% sure, but there are some dry contacts controlled by Rosie that one should be able to configure to close at a certain SOC%—sending a control signal to the AGS Thingiee.

Best bet here is to contact Midnite technical people.

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

FNG

Quote from: schroew on March 16, 2023, 12:38:12 PMI am looking at a Rosie inverter but, I have some up front questions. I currently have a MS4024 inverter AGS-N gen auto start on a EcoGen 15Kw generator in an OFF GRID setup.
1: Can the Rosie support the AGS-N device for gen auto start or is there a different method.I see it supports 2 wire start generators and the EcoGen is a two wire start that sends a small voltage back in a third wire to sense generator run state.

1A: Does the documentation describe in detail how to connect the two wire start generator?

2: When I manually start the generator to charge batteries will Rosie be able to recognize AC in and take over charging?

3: How do I manage this device? I don't see a display like I have with my Classics.I see CANBUS like the classics, is this documented?

4: Now for the hard question, Is it in stock anywhere?

5: Any issues using Lifepro EG4 48V batteries in a rack. I have 6..
#1 Rosie has a 2 wire AGS start function, I expect firmware this week to finalize all of that. But it senses the generator through the 120 or 120/240v on the input of Rosie

#1a The documentation should be very sound but if not Tony and Todd will jump in and make sure it is. Tony did all the AGS documentation for Magnum and now works here at Midnite.

#2 Rosie will charge anytime AC is present and in spec (Provided you havent disabled the charger in software) so yes a manual or auto start will result in charging

#3 You will need an MNGP2 to control the Rosie and manage it. It plugs into the canbus on the Rosie

#4 Yes I know that some distributors like Zonna Energy, Alte Store etc have them in stock, If you have ANY issues please email me Ryan@midnitesolar.com

#5 None at all, The only thing I will point out is the start up sequence. EG4 has a soft start in it so from a cold start Rosies battery breaker should be on then turn on the EG4s. I am personally running EG4s and we have one or two beta sites running them