News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Mounting SPDs on Rosie

Started by qrper, March 26, 2023, 11:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

I've seen drawings of SPDs mounted on the left side of the Rosie.

Without drilling holes in the side plate, how's that done? Granted, the bottom could be punched out, but the very top one is real head scratcher. I can't see how in the world you could get tools or finger tips in there to fasten the hardware of the SPD.

How's it done?

IMG_0460.jpg
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Vic

Hi Mike,

I have not looked at the inside of the Rosie, yet.

But, assume that the ideal place for the SPDs,  is on the Rosie E-panel,  as seen of page 3 of the Rosie Manual.

Link to that E-panel:
https://www.solar-electric.com/midnite-solar-mne300rosie-240p-e-panel.html

IIRC, you ARE in Lightning Country, with Tornados, etc,  as well.

The above is not a real answer to the question that you asked,  or course.

Good Luck, 73, Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

It is a box with lot of options. Why would you want to try and put it where there is no access ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

qrper

Quote from: Vic on March 26, 2023, 02:04:00 PMHi Mike,

I have not looked at the inside of the Rosie, yet.

But, assume that the ideal place for the SPDs,  is on the Rosie E-panel,  as seen of page 3 of the Rosie Manual.

Link to that E-panel:
https://www.solar-electric.com/midnite-solar-mne300rosie-240p-e-panel.html

IIRC, you ARE in Lightning Country, with Tornados, etc,  as well.

The above is not a real answer to the question that you asked,  or course.

Good Luck, 73, Vic

Perhaps the wrong words on my side....

The issue is with the epanel, not rosie. The epanel manual shows three SPDs mounted on the side.

The photo I took is the left side of the epanel. I don't see how I can mount the SPD there unless I drill out two holes. The very top knockout can't be reached inside the epanel.

Mike

System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

qrper

here's a screen shot of the epanel showing three SPDsscreenshot_389.png

The bottom SPD, that's fine, use the knock out.

The top two? There is no knock outs except for the very top and it's not, in my opinion, usable.

How does one mount three SPDs on this side of the epanel?

IMG_0460.jpg

Mike

aaapilot

qrpreper, did you get an answer to this question, as I was pondering the same thing?  If not, what did you do to mount the 3  SPs?  Thanks!

Dave
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\