News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Barcelona BETA Testing in Montana

Started by Weldman, March 19, 2023, 10:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weldman

Quote from: boB on May 15, 2023, 12:57:09 PMThank you Weldman !

You may be seeing what I was also seeing when I put my system together for testing.

I thought that the battery bus bars (and PV in ?)  were maybe keeping the breaker box from bumping up right against the charge controller but it might be something else.

I know it was looked at but needs to be re-looked at I think which can happen this week.

boB

It also mounts up crooked if you look at it from the sides. It's not a straight horizontal line from back to front of the unit and breaker box.

Raster

I received the backplates from Midnite for the Rosie and Barcelona yesterday. The Rosie backplate was fine. The Barcelona backplate was damaged: the bottom corners were bent, but fairly fixable. The packaging was essentially just a cover, no protective structure around the product. The Rosie plate was well packaged (larger than the unit). FYI.

Robin

We screwed up and are elongating the mounting holes on the breaker boxes so the two parts mate better. I hate to say this, but can you file the four mounting holes for a better fit. We did not ship very many units and back plates before this was noticed, but unfortunately you got one.
Sorry,
Robin
Robin Gudgel

Weldman

Quote from: Robin on May 18, 2023, 12:53:47 PMWe screwed up and are elongating the mounting holes on the breaker boxes so the two parts mate better. I hate to say this, but can you file the four mounting holes for a better fit. We did not ship very many units and back plates before this was noticed, but unfortunately you got one.
Sorry,
Robin
I'm just running it like it is with 6 out of 10 screws in. These units aren't light lifting them up and down then taking wires in and out too. Plus with ever changing weather conditions out here on top of trying to keep a flock of ducklings and goslings warm that depend on the unit then the time it would take to ship anything out here and bring the old one back is arduous with living 50 miles from the city on a gravel road for 30 miles to get to town. Lastly mail only delivers 3 days a week here and overnight or 2nd day delivery doesn't exist here. So might want to cancel your Amazon prime account to live here.
Bought the the unit at a discount price as a ß version knowing it will have flaws to help better the product and know if any safety is compromised you guys would fix it, so I'm happy with it.

Weldman

So how do I get Rosie to communicate to the Barcelona. Says no inverter on the MNPG on the Barcelona. Can out to Can in from Rosie to Barcelona?

boB

It should not be the case but you might try turning off the battery to everything and turn it back on again ?

The canbus cable daisy chains from MNGP2 on the Barcelona to the Barcelona and then to the Rosie, usually.  Plug in the little terminator plug to the empty canbus connectors on each end of the cable.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Weldman

Quote from: boB on May 21, 2023, 02:32:04 PMIt should not be the case but you might try turning off the battery to everything and turn it back on again ?

The canbus cable daisy chains from MNGP2 on the Barcelona to the Barcelona and then to the Rosie, usually.  Plug in the little terminator plug to the empty canbus connectors on each end of the cable.

boB

I think that's what I meant was run a cable from Rosie from the Can Out port to the Barcelona Can In port or where ever it goes I haven't opened it up to look yet on the Barcelona.

Weldman

They are speaking to each other now. Now the fun the part, welding with it. Stay tuned...

Highflyer

I liked welding with my millermatic 180 and Rosie.  NO issues so far, but I did not weld with the thickest steel.  I used what I had in the scrap bin.  More welding to come next month on a project.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Raster

I have a Barcelona and BB on order. What happened to the BB manual? Also, when will all the old jpegs be viewable again?

Vic

Hi Raster,

On the MidNite Solar site,  choose MNBCLNA from this list,  then Documents, then, Manual.
https://www.midnitesolar.com/products.php?menuItem=products&productCat_ID=59

Am not shure which .jpg s that you are referring to.

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Raster

There is a separate manual for the HB BB, but I don't see one (used to be there) now for the Barcelona BB.

The jpegs below 9918 (dlattach) have no thumbnails and give a "file not found" when clicked.
9918 is posted by Wizbandit #42 on the "New Communication Box" forum. They all used to work.

R.

Vic

Hi Raster.

I do not have a copy of the MNBARCBB manual,  cannot find one on the MN Solar site,  and have not seen it here, or there  ...   do have a paper copy that came with the BARC& BARCBB Betas.

In my environment,  post #42,  is NOT by Whizbandit,  but by qrper, Mike,  and the images in that post are in a Quote  ... Post #41,  IS by Whizbandit,  has working thumbnails (here), and is from the Rosie  ...

EDIT: >Raster,  I just went throough some of the  Posts in the "Hawke's Bay in Wisconsin" Thread,  and,  YES, none of Classic Crazy Larry's posts, with images,  show as images,  just "File Not Found",  AND,  YES,  no Thubnails there,  as you noted.  Hope that these images can be restored.<

Could you please send a message to Ryan (FNG), regarding the manual situation?

just a drive-by. FWIW, YMMV,  and so on,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Raster

Hello Vic:

This is the #41 (May 18th) I was referring to: https://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=3587.30. I can see those jpegs about the fine dashboards, and Wizbandit was the poster. The images are very valuable for getting good ideas on how to build things.I plan to use Node-Red (data collection), InfluxDB, and Grafana (RPi)to monitor everything live. Hope the CommBox will be the bridge or provide the web interface (dashboards) directly, or at least the data formats.

I called tech support a while back and reported the jpeg and BB manual issues. She verified the problems, but haven't had any reply or followup, so just repeated everything here.

LilMT

I have seen this happen with a few posts.  Usually with some of the older ones.  I just assumed that the new forum didn't get all of the old files brought over.

Regarding the ones you specifically mention.  Post 42 and 41 they seem to be working for me in MS Edge and in Chrome.

What are you using for a browser? (or maybe they got it fixed)

Quote from: Raster on June 05, 2023, 02:10:31 AMHello Vic:

This is the #41 (May 18th) I was referring to: https://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=3587.30. I can see those jpegs about the fine dashboards, and Wizbandit was the poster. The images are very valuable for getting good ideas on how to build things.I plan to use Node-Red (data collection), InfluxDB, and Grafana (RPi)to monitor everything live. Hope the CommBox will be the bridge or provide the web interface (dashboards) directly, or at least the data formats.

I called tech support a while back and reported the jpeg and BB manual issues. She verified the problems, but haven't had any reply or followup, so just repeated everything here.

Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.