News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Mounting stand-alone MNGP2

Started by aaapilot, April 12, 2024, 10:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

Anyone have any suggestions/pictures on mounting an MNGP2 outside the HB/Barcelona frame?  I have 2 Hawkes Bay's mounted on the same wall connected to the same Rosie/battery system.  I want to remove one of the MNGP2's and place it on a different wall in the same shop.  Don't need to reinvent the wheel if I can copy a good idea!!  Thanks all :)
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

boB

Great question.  I have wondered that too. 

Guess nobody asked to do that before ?

I'll ask.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Mine just lays on my desk and is moved around all the time to other places to get out of my way . It looks like it would be easy to just put a couple screws through the existing holes on it to mount on a wall - though you would need a couple pieces of wood strips on the edges to hold it out far enough because the connector on the back sticks out.
I would consider mounting mine on the wall but it is in my room and I put a rag over the display at night to darken it . One of the previous firmware updates made it so it is less bright but for some reason it has never been made so the backlight will go totally dark on timeout like the Classic one does. Maybe a hardware reason with that backlight dim ?
Anyway I should screw it up out of the way one of these days !
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

aaapilot

Quote from: boB on April 12, 2024, 11:13:46 PMGreat question.  I have wondered that too. 

Guess nobody asked to do that before ?

I'll ask.

boB

Thanks boB!  I figured the Midnite Engineers had a few hanging on the wall in their test locations and could share a picture or two.  Will be great to see what they came up with :)))))

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

aaapilot

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on April 13, 2024, 11:37:04 AMMine just lays on my desk and is moved around all the time to other places to get out of my way . It looks like it would be easy to just put a couple screws through the existing holes on it to mount on a wall - though you would need a couple pieces of wood strips on the edges to hold it out far enough because the connector on the back sticks out.
I would consider mounting mine on the wall but it is in my room and I put a rag over the display at night to darken it . One of the previous firmware updates made it so it is less bright but for some reason it has never been made so the backlight will go totally dark on timeout like the Classic one does. Maybe a hardware reason with that backlight dim ?
Anyway I should screw it up out of the way one of these days !
Larry

Hi Larry, yes, I thought it would probably be rolling around on my desk as well!  I looked at a couple plastic boxes at Home Depot, but just didn't see what would work well AND look good! LOL Did I mention I wanted it to look good too?  Midnite did such a good job w/the design of the Rosie/Barcelona/HB line, I hate to do my usual 'just throw it up with whatever I have'.  I have a shielded Cat6A wired from the shop to my house office, so I could remote to there if I its not too far to maintain the 9V power. Thanks for the reply :)

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

ClassicCrazy

I have about 10 to 20 feet of cat five cable on mine and it works fine. Also updates through it too.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

There  IS  a side mount for the Rosie but not what you are looking for I don't think.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

aaapilot

Quote from: boB on April 13, 2024, 04:46:51 PMThere  IS  a side mount for the Rosie but not what you are looking for I don't think.

boB

HMMMM? The Rosie manual shows a Classic controller attached to the right side, but doesn't show the bracket or an MNGP2.  I don't see it as an available option online.  Would you happen to have a picture of it w/qn MNGP2 attached and is it available to the public?  Thanks boB so much!!!

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

boB

This is what I hear from the voice on high...

"Every MNGP2 that ships without a Rosie, ships with a wall mount"

So I presume you can buy just this box, too.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

Quote from: boB on April 14, 2024, 01:37:25 AMThis is what I hear from the voice on high...

boB

I must have missed the memo. When I ordered my inverter, MNGP2, it came with a nice matching black mounting box. I screwed it to wall, mounted the MNGP2, and life is good.

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

boB

Quote from: qrper on April 14, 2024, 10:51:56 AM
Quote from: boB on April 14, 2024, 01:37:25 AMThis is what I hear from the voice on high...

boB

I must have missed the memo. When I ordered my inverter, MNGP2, it came with a nice matching black mounting box. I screwed it to wall, mounted the MNGP2, and life is good.

Mike

Well, now I need to get one for my test unit !

Thanks for bringing it up.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

aaapilot

boB

Mike

Great, thank you Mike!  I'll give Midnite a call tomorrow.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

qrper

Quote from: aaapilot on April 14, 2024, 09:13:36 PM

boB

Mike

Great, thank you Mike!  I'll give Midnite a call tomorrow.

Dave

i looked at the original invoice and didn't see a part/model number for the box. It said 'mounting box.' I'd take a photo of it, but there's nothing much to see. It's a plastic box that the display screws into.

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.