News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

What is it?

Started by onanparts, March 12, 2013, 04:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onanparts

First one to ID this gets absolutely nothing...:)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

dgd

Easy. These are the pulse actuators that prime the flux capacitor.
They look like genuine Mr Fusion parts and not the doc's protos.
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

niel

guessing maybe vacuum caps or a specialty tube. i can't see the backside if there's another set of contacts or have reference to the actual size of them.

boB

I tend to agree with Niel.  vacuum variable capacitors ?

At first I was thinking what DGD was saying  (spark gap triggers) but looking
at the shafts, I would say caps.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vern Faulkner

IIiiiiii'm gonna go in another direction, and suggest some kind of magnetic actuator - a piston.

Halfcrazy

Yep me to as the shafts have holes in the end for a pin and they do not seem to be turned the same (Indicating they can turn)

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

onanparts

Quote from: boB on March 12, 2013, 04:03:06 PM

I tend to agree with Niel.  vacuum variable capacitors ?

At first I was thinking what DGD was saying  (spark gap triggers) but looking
at the shafts, I would say caps.

boB

VVC is the correct answer. Neil & boB will receive nothing for their efforts as promised. No salesman will call and no vinyl discs were harmed in order to bring you this tooney lunes presentation.

dgd

VVC?  I can see how this mistake occurs. These first appeared about 1985 in various devices. Initially purpose unknown, testing showed a variable capacitance based on a vacuum contained actuator.
It was only later discovered that this was in fact an ionic chamber with inertial damping, purpose unknown. When a Caltech intern, late for a review meeting with his professor, had the device on the front seat of his 1978 Porsche 911s, he was surprised to notice the device 'alive and profusely discharging energy like a miniature lightening storm', when he exceeded the speed limit to 88mph.

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

cpm

It's unfortunate that you posted these images.

If we're lucky, they've not been propagated across the internet yet and you can take them down. If Dr Emilio Lizardo sees these, then it's practically unavoidable that a new oscillation overthruster will be built, and we all know how that will end.

Please take these images down, and get these two remaining units to the nearest outpost of the Blue Blaze Irregulars, so they can be secured properly.

We're talking major baby bangs here, red lectroids , , bad news.

onanparts

Formulating theories on n-dimensional non-euclidean geometry may get you in trouble with the Barsoomians. You have all been warned.

cpm

Quote from: onanparts on March 13, 2013, 07:09:58 PM
Formulating theories on n-dimensional non-euclidean geometry may get you in trouble with the Barsoomians. You have all been warned.

Let's just not go there.

I need to go drop off the laundry.

onanparts

Pick up a spare continua device after you are done with that laundry. Thanks!

niel

hey boB, being we get nothing here's your pat on the back and you can give one to me. 8)

boB

Quote from: niel on March 14, 2013, 12:21:35 AM
hey boB, being we get nothing here's your pat on the back and you can give one to me. 8)

And here's yours, Niel...   8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

Lets make this one a little more difficult. Guessing the function is not going to be enough. Looking for model and manufacturer. Perhaps a clue? boB & Robin are indirectly connected somehow.