To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

What is it?

Started by onanparts, March 12, 2013, 04:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tecnodave

Vibrator inverter

td
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

RossW

Quote from: tecnodave on March 16, 2016, 07:04:34 PM
Vibrator inverter

That was my first thought too, but the wires come out the bit in the top and go straight to what looks to be a socket at the bottom.
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

mike90045

http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

onanparts

Shooting blanks guy's. Hint was that boB is disqualified because in his area of expertise he would have nailed it promptly. Unfair advantage.... :)

Keep shooting!
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

TomW

Is there a lense on the face down end?

If so, my W.A.G. is a light or sensor to sense an object in the area.

Otr not
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

I sort of thought it looks like a device to remote mount a tube. Like you unplug it in the middle and then plug it into the tube socket and plug the tube into it
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

onanparts

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 17, 2016, 01:38:10 PMLike you unplug it in the middle and then plug it into the tube socket and plug the tube into it

That's how it's installed....but not for remote use/purpose......

Doug

It isn't a tube rejuvenator is it?

onanparts

Quote from: Doug on March 17, 2016, 03:48:38 PM
It isn't a tube rejuvenator is it?

Going to give Doug this one. CRT Booster etc. to increase the heater voltage on dim picture tubes.  :)

boB

Yep.  Installed a lot of those because of my dad was a TV repairman for many years.

My uncle (Dad's brother) used to re-build picture tubes and I used to replace them in the customer's home and in the shop.  Robin did that a bunch too.  Only had one implode in the home that I know of  !

My uncle Loyal would replace the gun assembly. Diffusion pump and flash the getter and all that.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

First one to say "Waveform" gets to stand in the corner! All day... :) So, "what is it" that the waveform specifically represents?

boB

Quote from: onanparts on March 21, 2016, 01:43:00 PM
First one to say "Waveform" gets to stand in the corner! All day... :) So, "what is it" that the waveform specifically represents?

TJ,  you SURE I'm not excluded from this one ? I had to check my text twice !

This MIGHT be one of your trick questions and if so might be from some strange welder of yours.

BUT it looks very reminiscent of a television (PAL or NTSC ?) vertical interval or, if not to scale, a color burst on the left side followed by a horizontal sync tip and then a line of video followed by more sync and video but I don't see more color bursts.

Or maybe it is teletext ? 

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

Quote from: boB on March 21, 2016, 03:39:06 PM
Quote from: onanparts on March 21, 2016, 01:43:00 PM

TJ,  you SURE I'm not excluded from this one ? I had to check my text twice !

This MIGHT be one of your trick questions and if so might be from some strange welder of yours.

BUT it looks very reminiscent of a television (PAL or NTSC ?) vertical interval or, if not to scale, a color burst on the left side followed by a horizontal sync tip and then a line of video followed by more sync and video but I don't see more color bursts.

Or maybe it is teletext ? 

boB

You are correct on the "type" of waveform, video. But the "trick" part is what does it represent? It is a legitimate waveform, and getting closer as you read this.  :)

boB

Well, since I don't see color bursts on the back porches of the horizontal lines on the right, it looks
to me like a single line of repeating info or white to  black to white (or moire pattern, etc) on the left followed by video lines which I can't tell what they are except for some random-ish luminance information for the start of a displayed screen.

Might be the first few lines (less equalizing pulses) of the vertical interval of  a screen.

If I had some reference for time, it might (or might not) help
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

Quote from: boB on March 21, 2016, 04:41:57 PM

If I had some reference for time, it might (or might not) help
boB

Well, the waveform is much closer than it was when I last posted...that's a valid time reference.  ;D