Are there any Midnight Solar T shirts?

Started by Nashville, March 24, 2013, 08:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville

Are there any Midnight Solar T shirts / sweatshirts / hats. that we can buy?

Volvo Farmer

My turn to gloat.

Last I heard, they were out of XLs  ;D

Halfcrazy

We need to run another batch of shirts. I ad never though about offering them for sale though?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 24, 2013, 10:08:46 AM
We need to run another batch of shirts. I ad never though about offering them for sale though?

Ryan

Diversify your revenue streams, and you'll never have to update your technology again.

It worked for Harley Davidson.

<drums>

Volvo Farmer

I think Midnite might actually sell a bit of swag if they offered it on the website.  To some extent, Midnite is not selling charge controllers as much as they are selling the idea of innovation, excellence, and outstanding customer service.  Hell, I didn't need a second Classic, the MX60 was working just fine. I made a purely emotional decision because I like buying into innovation and excellence. My T-shirt gives me the same feeling, as would a bumper sticker.

If nothing else, let your paying customers finance the stuff you give away for free at the trade shows. 

P.S. I want a coffee cup ;)

Halfcrazy

We have bumper stickers coming. Maybe we can get some shirts and hats and I can through them up in my eBay store. Give me a few days.

Ryan

TomW

Quote from: Volvo Farmer on March 24, 2013, 11:29:58 AM
P.S. I want a coffee cup ;)

VF;I would go for the coffee cup, too. or a hat. T-shirts are starting to make me look like an overstuffed sausage with legs so a hat to cover the grey would be sweet.  :o

My last "emotional" purchase was a mid life Harley and the darned thing tried to kill me and nearly succeeded.

I bet there is a service that makes branded gear and maybe even handles selling same?

Just rambling.

Ryan;

Ebay is probably a wise way to distribute that stuff especially if you already are set up for it.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

I will figure out the options this week. I to would go for a nice hat.

boB

I have wanted a Midnite hat and coffee cup for a long time now

We DID get the oval bumper stickers the other day though !  I haven't stuck it
on my bumper yet though because I have to clean it off.  Those will
be free though.

I'm drinking my coffee today out of a very old and faded Trace Engineering cup.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Quote from: boB on March 24, 2013, 04:39:24 PM
I'm drinking my coffee today out of a very old and faded Trace Engineering cup.

boB

boB;

That probably qualifies as an antique!  ::)

Funny how times just slips away.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

toothy

The boss and I used to be hat and shirt and diving chairpersons of the Beaufort sport fishing and diving club in South Carolina. We made some descent money for the club as long as the items weren't a one time thing, where the market dried up with the one time event, but even then we used them as promo stuff. I would say to buy quality stuff and charge for it, and let the chips fall where they may. You won't get rich but name recognition is something. We have purchased outstanding quality products and unbeatable service from Midnite, so quality swag would go along nicely.

This may be a bold statement, but I would stick with the somewhat racy midnite theme, "slightly improper or indelicate; suggestive; risqué", that seems to me to be where you , Midnite, has always been, meaning absolutely no disrespect.

We also sold beer coozies, but I don't need those anymore accept to keep it from freezing, and the belly works better for that.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

dgd

Quote from: toothy on March 25, 2013, 03:12:36 AM
...so quality swag would go along nicely.
We also sold beer coozies, but I don't need those anymore accept to keep it from freezing, and the belly works better for that.

quality swag like a Midnite Esky  :)
beer warms up, not helped by this  4 month heatwave..
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

toothy

I had to look up "Esky" Australian term for "portable cooler". We certainly never need one of those, we have over a foot of the new white fluff today.

W
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Nashville

Quote from: toothy on March 25, 2013, 03:12:36 AM
The boss and I used to be hat and shirt and diving chairpersons of the Beaufort sport fishing and diving club in South Carolina. We made some descent money for the club as long as the items weren't a one time thing, where the market dried up with the one time event, but even then we used them as promo stuff. I would say to buy quality stuff and charge for it, and let the chips fall where they may. You won't get rich but name recognition is something. We have purchased outstanding quality products and unbeatable service from Midnite, so quality swag would go along nicely.

This may be a bold statement, but I would stick with the somewhat racy midnite theme, "slightly improper or indelicate; suggestive; risqué", that seems to me to be where you , Midnite, has always been, meaning absolutely no disrespect.

Wade
Somewhat racy in an 80's way. This is why I hid the box that was in my office from clients when my Classic came in. Gave the wrong idea lol True story...

dgd

Racy in an 80's way...  ???

I would love to see some Midnite merchandise that was 'different'
Never mind the boring T shirts in sizes up to XXXXXL, the hats or (shoot me now!) bloody tea/coffee mugs and worse still nauseating bumper stickers that nobody in a following car or in the mall car park would have a clue what they referred to, DO merchandise
worth having.

A single or 6 set of dry Martini cocktail glasses with a subtle etched in Midnite Solar  and on another the moon logo etc..
A decent capacity pewter mug,
A hip flask, silver plate will do, for the emergency supply of amber nectar, with Midnite Solar etched.  I imagine this would be especially popular with those in the white stuff.
A midnite set of screwdrivers with blue led lights. just right when trying to get wires into those AUX connectors,
A midnite cable squeezing tool to get #4 into those Classic power connectors..
A Midnite special tool for extracting ethernet cable from the Classic's upside down ethernet port.
A Midnite leather/steel key chain, with spare battery for MNGP
A Midnite dog collar tag

dgd

Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand