Schneider's New Conext SW inverters

Started by dapdan, June 24, 2013, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapdan

Interesting david. I will attach my bts and see what happens.

Damani

dapdan

Interesting david. I will attach my bts and see what happens.

Damani

DMJ72

Well I connected some loads today, namely a 13 Cuft Fridge and some lights and I can say all is well!

the fans stayed off for most of the day, came on for a while then went off by sunset and are still off @9pm. So maybe it just needed some time to get settled. Also my only experience with an inverter capable of > 2000 watts would be Outback's 3024J which has a brief, quieter more gradual fan control. So inexperiece could be a factor here as well. The Conext SW seems to bring on the fans aggressively and keep them on for a long time, then gradually taper them off, even with a load of < 200watts.

So far I am very happy with this inverter.

p.s. The BTS is now disconnected.
(System 1) To be updated ...  @ Jamaica, West Indies.
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

zoneblue

Wont somebody measure the idle draw?
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

mahendra

yes ilke the new context inverters too but they should make a 48v version too
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

mahendra

idle draw is not kool according to users and the guys from NAWS
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

DMJ72

Quote from: zoneblue on March 06, 2014, 03:49:22 PM
Wont somebody measure the idle draw?

Idle Measured with a Fluke Clamp meter : 46watts
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

mahendra

yes that a lot compared to other inverters on the market

zoneblue

1100Wh/day. Gosh. 24v inverters are generally on systems less than 2kW, so thats about a third of  the systems generation. What an earth was schneider thinking?

I suppose paired with a suresine or something, it would work ok. Whats the standby draw?
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

DMJ72

Quote from: zoneblue on March 07, 2014, 05:40:13 PMWhats the standby draw?

Dapdan did some measurements when he had his fan control issue :

Quote from: dapdan on September 08, 2013, 08:42:35 AM
Ok,

I have just installed a victron monitor along with shunt and have measure no load current draw and disable current draw and break off current draw. Starting smallest first:

Breaker off:  0.00A  at  26v ~ 0w

Breaker on, inverter disabled:  0.22A  at 26v  ~ 5.7w (fans are off)

Breaker on, inverter enabled:  2.40A   at 26v  ~  62.4w(ouch...both fans are on with no load attached)

So idle draw seems to be more that what was spec by about 50%. This this is big parasite.

Cheers...
Damani

mike90045

Quote from: Halfcrazy on June 24, 2013, 07:48:35 PM
The inverter is a true split phase 120/240 vac. It will also charge batteries from a 120vac only generator and the SW will make the other leg of the 120 so the inverter still puts out 120/240vac. The SW has full blown generator support as well to allow fr running large loads......

If/when, my XW fails, this is in my sights.   Being off grid, well pump and generators, something small and easy to start by the wife like an EU1000 could be all I need.   Who cares if it takes 4 hours to charge the battery.   But I already made up a 120-240 transformer to run the small gensets with.

(note - my Classic 200 has arrived, and I'll crack open the box, play the DVD (or is it just a .PDF on it.    I expect to start being here a lot more now. )

pending - Classic 200.  2000w evergreen PV array [factory blems]
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

DMJ72

As said before by others, this thing is a beast for its size, and intended market. I can understand the design tradeoff to have a higher idle draw for such a good surge capability. I think it was Halfcrazy that commented on its excellent AC regulation when you throw loads at it, and I can second that.

Dapdan was one of the early adopters, and he seems happy with it too..

dapdan

I am very happy with it. Price, specs, features and performance are spot on. It only needs to be in 48v now. My only complaint is that I am impatiently waiting on midnite to make one that is better.

Cheers...
Damani

DMJ72

Quote from: dapdan on March 09, 2014, 02:29:51 PM
I am very happy with it. Price, specs, features and performance are spot on. It only needs to be in 48v now. My only complaint is that I am impatiently waiting on midnite to make one that is better.

Cheers...
Damani

I just know that Midnite's big inverter is going to be GREAT and worth the wait.

Maybe Schneider will speed up the development of the 48V model now that the "half-Radian" GS4048a is out, although that is going to be more expensive given it has grid-interactive features. interesting the idle draw on the GS4048a is 34W.

Ram

Hello and greetings from Bangalore, India. I chanced upon this thread in looking for a specific piece of information on the Schneider Conext SW 4024/4048 which I am planning to buy for my home - and which is sold and supported locally here in India. Rather than start a new thread I chose to bring this one back to life...and "new" in the subject is still relevant because the SW4048 is still not out!

I have been trying hard over the last 3 weeks to get some idea of the THD for the Conext SW inverters but have been drawing a blank.  The XW datasheet states THD as 5%, but the SW datasheet and manuals state no figure. Questions to Schneider folks in 3 countries have only resulted in silence so far. I am particularly interested in the THD when running nonlinear loads which inverters are notorious for not being able to handle. For example my Phocos 3kVA distorts badly and causes any incandescent lights to constantly flicker when my 150W laptop SMPS supply is connected (SMPSes represent a decently nonlinear load).  (LEDs and CFLs do not flicker as much.)

Any inputs from users here on this aspect? Anyone taken a snapshot of the Conext SW waveform on an oscilloscope?

Cheers - Ram
Panels: 6 SolarWorld 270W Mono. Battery: 4 Exide 200AH Tubular. Inverter: 3kVA Phocos